1.    #1  
    just picked up my treo to look something up only to find it had gone through a hard reset-ALL my data was gone. Not a single phone contact was left. I hot sync'd and all is well. First time in 18 mos (treo 300&600) that's happened. Noticed today my plug for my card slot is missing so the hole is open. I wonder if something got in there. Should I tape over the slot to keep foreign objects out? When I figure out how a backup card works I have to get one-especially after today episode. Any thoughts on this?
    mine pops out occasionally and on one occasion, went surfing across the room. What a pain. Even it you tape it in, there will be those lousy times when for some strange reason, it will not be recognized when you hit the home key to launch a program or look at a file, et cetera.

As for a backup card, I use a 512mb SD card. I use two backup progams that bakcup the Treo 600 during the night. Each program does things just a bit differently and has specific advantages. Also, I have all of the programs on it that will run from it and manage to keep the main memory at around 8 to 9 or so mbs available.

I have had only one hard reset and what a trip that was. Lost the files needed to let me get to the SD card. So when I got home, I syn'd it and got back the files I needed and then redid everything from the backup on the SD card.

A word about sync's - if you do install an external card, you need to look at a program that supports making backups of that card. I bought a few and for backing up the entire palm (main memory plus the card), I use BackupBuddy. I tried the squirel one and got nothing but crash/soft resets. Was not impressed.

On the external card I have BackupBuddy and BackupMan. The others I have tried and purchased (purchased two others) are sitting on a CD somewhere in this mess.

Ben

-----------------

Originally posted by jfscars48
    just picked up my treo to look something up only to find it had gone through a hard reset-ALL my data was gone. Not a single phone contact was left. I hot sync'd and all is well. First time in 18 mos (treo 300&600) that's happened. Noticed today my plug for my card slot is missing so the hole is open. I wonder if something got in there. Should I tape over the slot to keep foreign objects out? When I figure out how a backup card works I have to get one-especially after today episode. Any thoughts on this?
  3.    #3  
    I have experienced 4-5 hard resets in the last 24 hrs. I got Backupmane at a time to see where the problem is. I think it's a hardware problem but I'll see. Suggestions please. today so that makes life easier. I have killed all 3rd party apps for now and will add on
    I too went through several hard resets (Treo 600 on Sprint) very recently.
    I resorted to an older backup and was able to avoid it.

I'm thinking it was caused by either:
    --the port of the Palm Notepad App
    that was mentioned in these boards

or

--the replacement phone app with Call duration,
    also mentioned in these boards

Anybody else install these shortly before those problems started occuring? I haven't had the time (or guts) to try either of those individually to isolate.