Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for an "opening screen" which should greet me every time I power up my Treo 600 - preferably I would like information gathered from my Calendar (upcoming appointments), ToDo-list, missed calls, new email/sms/mms messages, the status of the GPRS connection, the status of the GSM connection, the time and date, and hopefully the ability for me to select a background picture, along with buttons for the top 5-8 applications...

Yes, I know I'm a few days late for christmas, but does anyone know if such a combination exists?

I've tried "Today 1.8" which is getting old but still has nice looks, however it lacks several elements from my wishlist - missed calls, new sms/mms messages, cell phone status, and an easy way to select my own background picture (have to make a skin).

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

/Christopher
    There isn't one.

Today 1.8 is very lacking and not recently at all updated and there are none on the horizon. http://www.shsh.com is maybe writing one, but it is unknown when it is available.

If you are smart and a decent developer- make some money and write one fo ryourself and sell it to the rest of us.

I am next in line to buy one.

If not, wait and hope for one like the rest of us.

Happy new year.

- JG
    I forgot to mention, Wassup is an app from Australia that has potential, but I have emailed the owner several times with my suggestion for a Treo 600 Today with no good response.

It really doesnt work with the Treo anyway.

Dont waste anymore time looking for one like I did.

It doesnt exist at this point in time. Scan this forum for possible future sitings of one that works for us.

Take care.

-JG
    Maybe your version was old, or something? Wassup works great on my treo 600, and I've even added smilieface icons and different skins.
    Testing it now. Adequate, though not full 5-Way support. Will only recognize native email client. Cannot get it to see Snappermail. I'll probably delete it. (Wassup crashes my Treo.)
    I got the wuzup with a firm ware upgrade and it works ok.
    don't have quite as many bells and whistles like you want though
    I used Today 1.8 and have been very pleased with it...it also allows you to define 5 sortcuts from the Today screen!
    Mike
    ClockPop doesn't contain Email or SMS information. But it shows battery data, memory statistics, time, date, upcoming appointments and other related information in a very convenient manner. It works perfectly on the T600.
    So, bottom line is No Today yet today.
    I haven't used this one since many Palms ago - however, it was what first pooped into my mind when I read your post.
    http://www.tealpoint.com/softglnc.htm

RW
    Today 2.0 came out today . . . I have no idea how it works but it might do the trick. I've used and liked earlier versions on earlier palms, but never on my Treo.

-Steve.
    Originally posted by Skramble
    Today 2.0 came out today . . . I have no idea how it works but it might do the trick. I've used and liked earlier versions on earlier palms, but never on my Treo.

-Steve.
    where can we get it / try it ???
    I searched on GOOGLE and all it came back with was Today 2.0 for Psion and PPC. Nothing for Palm OS !!!

If you have a URL then please share it with others
    Originally posted by roadwarrior
    ...it was what first pooped into my mind when I read your post.
    Do you really mean pooped?!?!?
    Originally posted by faaltoo

where can we get it / try it ???
    I searched on GOOGLE and all it came back with was Today 2.0 for Psion and PPC. Nothing for Palm OS !!!

If you have a URL then please share it with others
    Here you go:

Today 2.0
    Treo 600 GSM
    As I mentioned above, Today 2.0 refuses to see SnapperMail, and so I deleted it.
    Today 1.0 sees snappermail on my Treo 600 just fine.
    Mike
    Today 2.0 is a bit of a disappointment. There is no support for the 5 way navigation and it doesn't recognize iambic mail. The only difference I see is now it has a month view.
    Wassup works great!! I can not see any differance between WASSUP and TODAY except for WASSUP works pops up when I power-on and works with snapper, TODO and all the other progs on my T600.

what is it that you are missing??
    well maybe a Delete-APPS link button or Applicaton tabs. but I am one button away from those features already. So what is it that the program is missing??
    Has anyone tried DBKonClock?
    Since no app has anything, this one has lots of good features...including your last visited sites. I like it.

Today was a decent app, but some e-mailers and I found it semed to make buttons work slower.
    Today 2.1 out now at PalmGear...sees Snappermail and has today, week and months views. Works great on the 600.
    Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast