Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a quick question. I recently purchased a JABRA Bluetooth Wireless Headset to try on the T600. I purchased the same model that was "supposed" to work on the T300.

Needless to say, it did not work. So, does any one know of a wireless headset, or the correct JABRA model number that will work with the T600?

Thanks techies.
    Well the Freespeak that will work for the 600 is not the same as the one for the 300.
    You need to get the one for standard 2.5mm phones and not the Nokia version.
    There have also been some issues with compatibilty of the freespeak and 600 in that you cannot use the answer/end emulation. If you attempt to answer an incoming call by pushing the button on the freespeak, you disconnect the call.

Try searching "freespeak" for all the juicy details.

I have one but haven't even thought about playing with it too much other than to check the answer/end feature which I confirmed doesn't work.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I recently bought the jabra headset but found that I will probably have to replace it either with the non-nokia jabra headset or with the seidio mp3 + phone headset.
    this actually looks like more of a bargain since it will eliminate having to carry two headsets around - one for phone usage, the other for mp3 playing.
    is the jabra a good buy? looks too star trekkie for me actually, but if its great quality ill stay w/ it. any positive remarks about them? thanks a lot!.
    sorry, I missed the above post mentioning issues with call emulation and such.
    ok that's one thumbs down I take it, but are there any redeeming qualities with the jabra headset? thanks
    Originally posted by vickyfranklin
    So, does any one know of a wireless headset, or the correct JABRA model number that will work with the T600?
    You might check out these two threads. There's some good comments about Wireless headsets w/o Bluetooth and other headset comparisons. (If you go for the Reason headset, the early addopter price reduction ends by the first of next year.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44264/s.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44057/s.html
    I LOVE my Freespeak! I had the one for the t300 and switched to this one for my 600. I do miss the answer/end function but I hope to eventually get a Bluetooth SD card that will be compatible with the Freespeak AND restore that function on my 600. I know, I know, that's asking alot, but I can dream, can't I?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I am using my Freespeak Bluetooh headset on my 600 that I bought for my 300. I had to buy a tiny adapter and shave off some of the plastic - like most 2.5mm adapters plugged into the 600.

As mentioned above, you can't use the Answer call button on the headset or it will terminate the incoming call - even if you already answered it on the phone. Vary annoying. I hope to find someone that has the standard Freespeak 2.5mm adapter and would like to trade me so they can use it with their Treo 300.

Jason
    i'm sorry but i'm a bit confused here.....treo 600 does not have blue tooth..so how the hell is it supposed to work with bluetooth headsets?
    Jabra makes a blue tooth headset for non-bluetooth phones.
    Basically you have an adapter (multi-adapter) that plugs into the treo which acts as the bluetooth transmitter to the bluetooth headset. The adapter also acts as a holder for the headset and a charger.
    Hopefully someday if we ever see bluetooth drivers for OS5 that we can use a bluetooth SD card for, you can loose the adapter and still have the freespeak headset that would pair with the bluetooth SD card.

http://www.jabra.com/products/FreeSp...nBluetooth.htm
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjj
    I am using my Freespeak Bluetooh headset on my 600 that I bought for my 300. I had to buy a tiny adapter and shave off some of the plastic - like most 2.5mm adapters plugged into the 600.

As mentioned above, you can't use the Answer call button on the headset or it will terminate the incoming call - even if you already answered it on the phone. Vary annoying. I hope to find someone that has the standard Freespeak 2.5mm adapter and would like to trade me so they can use it with their Treo 300.

Jason
    Where did you find the adapter that converts the Treo300 4-conductor headset plug to the Treo600 3-conductor plug (2.5 mm standard) ! ?

Regards,
    Tom
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    I hope some upcoming version of the treo has a back to back 2xmmc slot.

mmc cards are almost half as thick as sd cards. Because of that, it should be physically possible to make a slot that is only microscopically thicker than the curret sd slot, but which can hold two mmc cards back to back.

This way, you can have a bluetooth card and not give up your 512 meg or 1 gig storage card. (well, someone would have to make a mmc version of their sd bluetooth card)

I have seen bluetooth and wifi cards that incorporate 128 megs of storage to deal with this issue but, pfft. 128 megs is so 2003
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    If you can't press the answer/end button, how do you use it? Does it stay in talk mode? that seems like it'd kill the battery quickly. Standby mode? When you answer the treo, does it take it out of standby mode?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Anyone?
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Anyone?
    I bought one today. I had to see for myself. It is true, the call answer button will hang up the call when used. Here is the deal....

There are two modes of operation:

* Mode 1 (with answer/end feature activated) this mode has been proven not to work on the Treo 600 (immediate hang up)

*Mode 2:

1.To make or answer calls, press and release the head set on/off button ONCE to move the headset from standby to active mode, turning on the audio link between the headset and the multi-adapter.

2. You will then need to dial or answer the call using the phone’s keypad.

3. When you’re done with the call, use the phone’s keypad to end the call.

4. Then press and release the head set on/off button again to return to standby mode, turning off the audio link.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    ahh, ok. With callshield set to autoanswer only when headset is in, this should work fairly easy. No need to touch the treo if using headset, i will try this !
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I have heard some positive and negative reviews of the Jabra FreeSpeak.

I understand that there is an issue with answer/end and I am willing to accept that.

I am very interested in the form factor. Particularly, I plan on getting a car charger adapter (non-OEM) and hardwiring the multiadapter into my car (I have no need for this outside of my car). This way, I can leave my earpiece in the multiadaptor inside the car and know that it will always be charged. This is what made the Unleash unacceptable. I don't want to remove anything from my car in order to charge it, and I already go through enough batteries with my son's toys.

I would like to know what some of you think about the sound quality. I drive a convertible and I am concerned about a lot of backround noise. It seems that The Boom would give me the best sound, but is actually more $$ (the jabra is readily available on eBay for under $100) and is obviously wired. This seems to take away some of the joy. Besides, I like a clean environment and don't want to have to mess with a tangle of wires.

I would appreciate a report on your experiences.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    There is a developer that has developed soultion to allow the answer/end button to work with the treo. This patch will be included in the feature set of Callfilter. The creator "VWare" is currently re-testing the app with the new firmware to ensure call filter works correctly. I will say that the freespeak now functions as prommised!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    it does work as promised. pretty cool I might add.
    But what about the sound quality? Does it pick up a lot of backround noise?
    Is the enhanced version of CallFilter now available? Would he consider selling (or, ahem, donating...) just the patch for the Jabra alone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast