1.    #1  
    I know this has been asked before (within other threads at least), but there never seems to be an answer. I have searched, and read tons of threads on alarms, but cannot find an answer to this. Sorry for asking again.

Is there an alarm clock app that will vibrate when the Treo is set to silent mode (via the switch on top)? Using the calendar program for a simple alarm seems very cumbersome to me, but currently is my only working option. Also, if anyone could explain why this is apparently so difficult, I'd appreciate the lesson.

For the record, I am still using a 270, but am definitely eyeing the 600 as a near future upgrade.

Thanks for the help!

-Joe
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 12/31/2003 at 12:05 AM.
    Bob's Alarm is a great little alarm. It's inexpensive ($5) and it works very well - AND can be set to vibrate in silent mode. It only vibrates a few times but if not turned off vibrates again in 60 seconds. I would like to see them have a configuration for how long the alrm vibrates (i.e. 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds) but even without that I think you would probably find it acceptable.

Give it a try:

Bob's Alarm Zip File

Bob's Alarm User Group
    Last edited by varoomba; 01/02/2004 at 08:46 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I tried Bob's alarm, didn't vibrate on my 270, says it supports the 600 though, good to know.

Any others out there?

Thanks
    -Joe
  4.    #4  
    Does anybody else have something to offer here? I can't beleive I am the only one who has a need for such software...

Thanks,
    -Joe
    I had a Treo 270 (it broke when I ropped it 6 feet onto the pavement ) so I am barely scraping by trying to hold out for the T600 for T-Mobile.

Anyway, I was in your shoes a few months ago. I spoke to Handspring about this and unfortunately, they said it is an impossibility for the Treo 270. The problem is that the 270 is running on a version of Palm OS4 which does not have the hardware support to do this. They said point blank you CAN NOT do it. The Treo 600 can do it because it is running OS5.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    I had a Treo 270 (it broke when I ropped it 6 feet onto the pavement ) so I am barely scraping by trying to hold out for the T600 for T-Mobile.

Anyway, I was in your shoes a few months ago. I spoke to Handspring about this and unfortunately, they said it is an impossibility for the Treo 270. The problem is that the 270 is running on a version of Palm OS4 which does not have the hardware support to do this. They said point blank you CAN NOT do it. The Treo 600 can do it because it is running OS5.

Hmmm. I am not sure I buy that response from Handspring. This functionality works for the built-in calendar....isn't that simply software? Doesn't that mean it IS possible? Am I missing something?

-Joe
    I've actually found the simple alarm feature in Treo 600 Butler to be the best alarm program out there. It works flawlessly with the 600 and can use a midi and vibrates. I love it!
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Alli
    I've actually found the simple alarm feature in Treo 600 Butler to be the best alarm program out there. It works flawlessly with the 600 and can use a midi and vibrates. I love it!
    Thanks. However, the question was regarding a vibrating alarm on a Treo 270, not a 600.

-Joe