1.    #1  
    I've got my email accounts all set up and I can send and receive just fine. However, even when I delete the emails from the inbox AND deleted box, they're still somewhere in memory, but I can't find them to get rid of them! I know they are really there because my email app registered at about 3.3 mb; I deleted the entire account (via file mgr), but not the whole application, and the memory then registered at about 18k.
    Anyone have this problem??
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    This happens to me too on my Sprint T600. Each email account I add to the mail client creates a database file called something like Email_libr_HsMp_XXX. This file gets bigger with every email (with attachment) that I send or receive. The problem is that the file does not get much smaller even when I delete the file and empty the deleted mail folder. The most glaring example of this was when I attached an MP3 file from my SD card (I now do not remember what program I used to "send" the MP3 file from). My mail database file was over 5MB big even after I deleted the email from the sent folder and then purged all the deleted emails from the deleted folder. My buddy's Treo600 works the same way. The workaround that I use is to routinely delete the email account within the email app (which deletes the bloating database file) and then recreate the account. I send a lot of pictures from the email client, so I have to do this quite often to recover the lost memory. I'm using the beta program from Handspring.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    "The problem is that the file does not get much smaller even when I delete the file and empty the deleted mail folder."

Oops, I mea
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Oops I meant that the database file does not get much smaller even after I delete all sent and inbox emails and then empty the deleted emails folder from within the mail program.

The only way I can find to recover the memory taken up by email attachments is to delete the entire email account completely.

(posting from the treo is always risky).
  5.    #5  
    yeah, so far my only fix was to delete the accounts as well, and recreate them. I had also bulked up with attachments and mp3s and various other things. I guess this is why it's called a beta? I was just hoping for an easier fix.
    Just curious...have you tried logging on to your email account directly and deleting from there? Does this then remove the deleted emails from memory of your treo upon next sync? This is what I experience with Biz Conn b/c it cannot remove old email messages from the server directly. Fortunately, I don't get any of these issues with snappermail...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Do you mean going to my desktop and deleting the messages? if that's what you mean, then no, that doesn't do it. I've got my pop set up to retrieve my home email (which I check at work) and when I get home, I usually just delete everything I've already seen. After a hotsync, my treo email is still there, somewhere! (But not in the inbox or deleted box).
    sigh, such effort!