1.    #1  
    Like many of you, I have waited, less than patiently, to be sure, for a T-Mobile Treo 600. The weeks and months have slipped by, and no T600. Then, we read that Dec. 29th was to be the day. Well, here we are - December 29th, and no sign of a T-Mobile Treo 600. I will wait until noon Pacific time, in the hopes that Handspring/Palmone operates in that time frame. I am getting really really angry about this rollout. I guess I will get a Cingular T600 if there is no news today. I've had it.

Andrew
    I know it's frustrating but... no one from either Handspring/PalmOne or T-Mobile ever officially said today was the day. Get frustrated, but don't start harping about being mislead by either one of those companies.

(And the Dec 29 _rumour_ was only for selected people who had responded to an email from a single T-Mo rep. for new business accounts... Far from an all inclusive, wide ranging rollout.)
    jaytee has a point, but Handspring and T-mobile deserve all the hostility they're getting. Perhaps because both companies refuse to give "official" words and keep leading consumers on with their endless promises of "next few weeks" and by doing a horrible job of rumor control.

I'm getting frustrated too. I had a Sprint version and had to get rid of it b/c their coverage was bad where I live. It's twice as bad having had the t600 and going back to something inferior than to never have had it. I've been teetering between waiting for the t600 on T-mobile and getting something else. If I don't hear anything today, I'm that much closer to getting a p900 even if it is not as good (IMO at least).
    Andrew is probably referring to this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...c8b801ebc.html
  5.    #5  
    Yes, that is the post to which I was referring. It says "definitive", and I was hoping that it truly was. I guess we will find out. BTW-if you call Handspring and ask for a Cingular T600, it is back-ordered 2 to 4 weeks! So much for it being available for other carriers.

Andrew
    it's been 31 days and my cingular treo 600 is still backordered. my colleague walked into a bestbuy last month and walked out with a sprintpcs treo 600. i'm starting to think a treo 700 might come out before i get my 600. this is frustrating to say the least.
    i just got off the phone with cingular and they told me that the treo 600 is soooo back-ordered that a new treo would be out before i got mine. how funny is that? now they're looking for the treo at local stores for me. this is crazy. too bad there's no alternative like some other phone that's as good as the treo 600. as a consumer, i feel like my hands are tied.
    You can find many unlocked GSM Treo600's on eBay. As long as the frequency range is correct, just pop in your SIM card and you are off to the races.

This was the advise I got from the regional T-Mobile manager in Richmond, VA. He also told me that it would be several months before they officially offered the phone.

I know the above method will work because I did it with a Treo 180 before they were offering that phone.
    Originally posted by Andrew-NYC
    Like many of you, I have waited, less than patiently, to be sure, for a T-Mobile Treo 600. The weeks and months have slipped by, and no T600. Then, we read that Dec. 29th was to be the day. Well, here we are - December 29th, and no sign of a T-Mobile Treo 600. I will wait until noon Pacific time, in the hopes that Handspring/Palmone operates in that time frame. I am getting really really angry about this rollout. I guess I will get a Cingular T600 if there is no news today. I've had it.

Andrew
    Andrew its not a PUBLIC release, please read carefully, TMO Corporate Reps has first shot at the business. Corporate Service is shipping the unit today I have verified. Read the post again carefully

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...44845/s/h.html
  10.    #10  
    Thanks HumP - I AM a corporate customer, and no one seems to be able to tell me anything at the corporate office here in NYC. So, you can understand my frustration. Shouldn't someone at T-Mobile know SOMETHING?

Andrew
    Originally posted by Andrew-NYC
    Thanks HumP - I AM a corporate customer, and no one seems to be able to tell me anything at the corporate office here in NYC. So, you can understand my frustration. Shouldn't someone at T-Mobile know SOMETHING?

Andrew
    Haha, my guy is in corporate sales in NYC hehe, just goes to show that some are in the know and others are not. Someone posted in other thread they you can call corpporate sales they said they have them in stock with new line activation.