1.    #1  
    So I'm here with my thrid Treo 180 in my first year of ownership. I noticed that within the last week, closing the lid can cause some odd things to happen. It seems that when I close it slowly and there is enough force applied in the right direction, it triggers the pulldown menus to appear in whatever app is open (same as hitting the function button in the bottom-right of the keyboard). So far this has not caused any real problems, but I suspect it may be a hint of deeper underlying issues.

Has anybody else seen this? Did it lead to something bigger? Or was the way I closed the lid just putting too much force on the top of the LCD? I was planning to sit on this unit until next month, then ship it back to T-Mo as "broken" before my one year warranty ticks out. Maybe they'll finally give me a 270 ;-)
  2. dhl
    After my first 180's speaker died, I got a refurb from T-Mobile which did exactly what yours does. I sent it back and I recommend you do too. BTW, my third refurb was DOA, a complete piece of crap. I'm on my fourth and hope it will last untill I can get a 600. Good luck trying to get a 270. I tried after my third but T-Mobile said they couldn't do it.

Originally posted by mkcheme
    So I'm here with my thrid Treo 180 in my first year of ownership. I noticed that within the last week, closing the lid can cause some odd things to happen. It seems that when I close it slowly and there is enough force applied in the right direction, it triggers the pulldown menus to appear in whatever app is open (same as hitting the function button in the bottom-right of the keyboard). So far this has not caused any real problems, but I suspect it may be a hint of deeper underlying issues.

Has anybody else seen this? Did it lead to something bigger? Or was the way I closed the lid just putting too much force on the top of the LCD? I was planning to sit on this unit until next month, then ship it back to T-Mo as "broken" before my one year warranty ticks out. Maybe they'll finally give me a 270 ;-)