1.    #1  
    Pocket Tunes has 8 Graphic Equalizers available for use but if you are like me, it's a touch and go to get the right combo. However, if you have Apple's iTunes, at the bottom right of the screen is an equalizer icon. If you click on it, you will see all the preset equalizer setups for all kinds of music. (You can probably do a google search for other equalizer settings if iTunes is not available to you.)

I manually adjusted my Pocket Tunes equalizer settings to match the above and this really enhanced the quality of the Treo's music. Make sure you click on the "Enable Equalizer" box. My favorites are the "Dance" settings when listining thru the headsets, but for low volume music from the speakerphone, the "Bass Boaster" or the "Treble Reducer" will get rid of the tinny sound almost completely. Try it, it's free!

(I have a Mac, and I'm not sure if the Windows version of iTunes is similar?)

Otherwise, enjoy!
    Last edited by edkalama; 12/28/2003 at 07:19 PM.
    Ed
    Try the Small Speakers equalizer setting for the speakerphone...

Also, note that you can't go overboard with the setting and make huge changes, I got lots of crackling when I did it. It's a limitation of the equalizer code that they use. Try and see.
  3.    #3  
    That's better than my previous favorites. Just made it my default setting for speakerphone music. Thanks Calroth.
    Ed
    When playing MP3s:

On Headphones: all OK, real Stereo

On Speakerphone: left channel only

Is it only my own Treo or did Handspring took a design shortcut and rather than mixing the right and left channel they just connected the left channel to the speakerphone?

(you can easily check it by sliding the balance control in Pocket Tunes)

EDITED 10 MINUTES LATER: I did a search (shame on me for doing it AFTER posting): this is normal behavior, Handspring did take a shortcut
    Last edited by dtd65; 12/30/2003 at 03:41 AM.
    HEY-

For those of you that don't have an IPOD (like me), I use Wwinamp to help with my eq settings. But I'd sure like to see someone post a screenshot of the IPOD SETTINGS.
    Whaddya say?
    I would really appreciate that too. I searched on the internet and could not find a screenshot of the settings.
    I'll show the three presets I use, enter them in and take it from there.

Bass Boost (good for headphones)
    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    * * | | | | | | | |
    | | * * | | | | | |
    | | | | * * | | | |
    | | | | | | * * | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    Extreme Bass Boost (good for speakerphone)
    Code:
    * | | | | | | | | |
    | * | | | | | | | |
    | | * | | | | | | |
    | | | * | | | | | |
    | | | | * | | | | |
    | | | | | * | | | |
    | | | | | | * | | |
    | | | | | | | * | |
    | | | | | | | | * |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    Curve (good for headphones)
    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    * | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | * | | | | | | | |
    | | * | | | | | | |
    | | | * * * * | | |
    | | | | | | | * | |
    | | | | | | | | * |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    For each bar, you go up and down one "level" by tapping the grey part of the scroll bar. Sort of like going "one page up" and "one page down" in Windows scroll bars.

As usual, feel free to customise to your own tastes.

Also note that there can be distortion when using equaliser presets, especially the Extreme one. This is noted in the pTunes manual and is an artefact of the way they apply the equaliser.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by netfreedom
    HEY-

For those of you that don't have an IPOD (like me), I use Wwinamp to help with my eq settings. But I'd sure like to see someone post a screenshot of the IPOD SETTINGS.
    Whaddya say?
    Sorry for the late reply. Here's EQ settings from iTunes for DANCE which I use when listening through the Stereo headset. You can modify the settings to suit your preferences as mentioned above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed
  9.    #9  
    Here's theEQ for Speakerphone listening:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed