Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking into GPS units for my Treo 600 when driving. I saw the iGolf GPS unit (http://www.igolftech.com/sdgps.php) but I'm not sure how well that will work in a car (it looks bulky too).

    So then I thought that getting a unit that sits on my dashboard with a cable that plugs into either an SDIO adapter or the bottom of the 600... But I have yet to find anything.

    My question to the forum is, what are my options? Will the iGolf do what I need inside of a car (there is no moonroof, so I question how many birds the iGolf will be able to hit). Is there a better option?

    Thank ye!

    -SD
  2. #2  
    that igolf looks like vaporware.... their website still says they are shipping in November.... if they can't even keep their website up to date with regards to their "big product" I would question the future of the product and the support behind it, even if it ever did get released....
  3. #3  
    I got a gps for my treo600 for xmas and it works great with mapopolis. Speaks each turn and how long till the turn, even will reroute on the fly if you miss a turn.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  4.    #4  
    I have the same fear, but was hoping that it's not true.

    Any ideas on a different GPS unit for my Treo 600?

    -SD
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by zone97
    I got a gps for my treo600 for xmas and it works great with mapopolis. Speaks each turn and how long till the turn, even will reroute on the fly if you miss a turn.
    Which GPS did you get?
  6. #6  
    I've been using the iTrek unit from Semsons:

    http://www.semsons.com/itmousgpsrec.html

    in conjunction with Mapopolis. It works amazingly well.

    The only problem I have seen are random system freezes every so often - mostly when changing settings alot when GPS is active.
  7. #7  
    intractv,

    I'm probably getting the same thing you have.... can you power the GPS unit from the Treo? or do you have to have it plugged in?

    I've downloaded the mapopolis software and maps, and it works great.... volume seems way too loud though.... any way to adjust the volume of the voice commands?

    thanks for the info...
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by silverdragon


    Which GPS did you get?
    http://www.buygpsnow.com/item.aspx?itemid=93
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  9. #9  
    I've been looking for GPS unit for the Treo 600 with a rerouting feature. Any suggestions?

    Ismenio
  10. #10  
    Just saw your post zone97
    Thanks!!!

    Ismenio
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Fikse
    intractv,

    I'm probably getting the same thing you have.... can you power the GPS unit from the Treo? or do you have to have it plugged in?

    I've downloaded the mapopolis software and maps, and it works great.... volume seems way too loud though.... any way to adjust the volume of the voice commands?

    thanks for the info...
    The Handspring cable powers the GPS unit and charges the Treo. I ordered the USB cable too so I can use it on my laptop with Streets 2004.

    I agree that the voice is super loud. I haven't tried to adjust it yet.
  12. #12  
    Are these two units the same? If not which one works better? Can they both be used with streets and trips 2003?

    Thanks!
  13. #13  
    i ordered the igolf just so i would not have to deal with cables and it would be easy to walk with. However I was 47 when I ordered it, I am 48 now and maybe 101 when it arrives., I am calling them today, dec 29th 2003 and see what info I can find out. which means what their latest excuse is! take care jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  14. #14  
    do you HAVE to have the GPS plugged in to an external power source or not?
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by Fikse
    do you HAVE to have the GPS plugged in to an external power source or not?
    YES, unless you use a SD gps device you will have to supply power, the power connector on the bottom of the unit does not supply power.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    i ordered the igolf just so i would not have to deal with cables and it would be easy to walk with. However I was 47 when I ordered it, I am 48 now and maybe 101 when it arrives., I am calling them today, dec 29th 2003 and see what info I can find out. which means what their latest excuse is! take care jay
    Are you sure it will fit in the Treo's SD slot. Looks like the GPS antenna is wider than the SD card and thus might not fit next to the Treo's antenna which was amazingly placed right next to the SD slot rendering it useless for anything but memory cards.
  17. #17  
    So to summarize:

    - It seems that intractv's solution doesn't need is seperate power supply, freezes sometimes and not sure about rerouting.

    - Zone97's solution can re-route, but needs its own power and we know it can reroute.

    Is this accurate? It seems that re-routing should be a function of the software, not the GPS device, is that correct? Any additional info would be appreciated!
  18. #18  
    re-routing is a function os the software package.
  19. #19  
    So then it looks like there are currently NO sd card gps solutions?

    Aside from the fact that I want to be able to walk around the street, wilderness, etc with it, I need/want an SD Card solution that I can use in both my Treo600 and my toshiba tabletpc (which happens to have an SD slot too


    Thanks.
    Last edited by rwilson290; 12/29/2003 at 12:37 PM.
  20. #20  
    By the way, does anyone here know if you can still talk on the phone while you're using GPS at the same time? For example, I might want to take a phone call while I'm en route in my car and receiving directions from my GPS. I'd hate to have to make a choice between not taking a call or pulling over to stop.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions