1.    #1  
    Wonder how this compares with BackUpMan, which IMO is hard to beat.

Developer claims: "Ultra Fast backup/restore, thanks to FlyZip™ technology, 2-3 times faster than most popular backup software."

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...D&prodid=53180
    I've tried both. FlyBackUp has to advantage of compressing the dataset first. This does not seem to make it faster, but the resulting image goes from, say 20MB down to 12MB. The disadvantage is that it does not appear that you can restore individual files... it wants to see a Palm with a "hard reset" virgin image to restore to. BackupMan and CardBkup allow individual file retores.

YMMV.

-Bill
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I suspected that about the individual files. Their screenshot doesn't show that as an option. Thanks for the comparison.
    I have BackupMan, BackupBuddy and tried FlyZip.

BackupMan works the best for me - making a copy of the Palm Card database - compresses it and allows for individual restoration.

BackupBuddy - wow on the sync stuff - makes a sync of the Palm Card and the external card - real good. It copies the files over individually. Thing is, when trying to access the file list on the card, it moves so very slowly, to the point that I wonder if it will ever make it to the bottom of the file list. Like BackupMan, BackupBuddy allows for individual file restoration.

FlyZip - yep it is fast. Makes one big file and nowhere and at no time in my playing was I able to find how to restore an individual file. Not a good option. The name of the game isn't restore all, it is to restore all or part at user discretion.

Ben

Originally posted by elysian9
    Wonder how this compares with BackUpMan, which IMO is hard to beat.

Developer claims: "Ultra Fast backup/restore, thanks to FlyZip™ technology, 2-3 times faster than most popular backup software."

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...D&prodid=53180
    I'm with bclinger, I like BackupMan the best.

I didn't know that it does compression! Where is that feature?

I use BackupBuddy to backup both my Treo and SD to my PC. Takes a little longer but it gives me peace of mind.

CardBkup is one I've been trying. After the initial full backup, it does incremental backups, just the changes, and is for that reason quite fast, about a minute for a 20MB dataset. However, I've never tried an emergency restore from it.

BackupMan, on the other hand, I HAVE used for a "hard reset" restore. Worked like a champ. They've got my money.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    myWorkbench can restore individual files. you can restore any given backup in your folder. it can also compress the files using ARM zlib.

check it out www.toysoft.ca
    I test drove MyWorkBench and was impressed with it - however, with the limitations of the Treo 600's resolution, it is extremely difficult to play with all of those icons. The screens are just toooooooooo busy.

Ben

Originally posted by smiley88
    myWorkbench can restore individual files. you can restore any given backup in your folder. it can also compress the files using ARM zlib.

check it out www.toysoft.ca
    I use JKware CardBackup to back up my Treo incrementally to the SD card. I then use Blue Squirrel BlueSync to back up the entire card to my laptop.

Works great- I have been using it for maybe 3 months.

I have also successfully done restores of all and partial backups.

No problems.

Highly recommended.
    I recently lost my files on my SD card due to a card alteration project, now I have a new card and need to find the files that I had on my old card. I was using Backupman.

I need to find the files that were on my card, especially my converted videos and music. Are these files backed up on to the desktop as well. If not, what program should I use to backup the card to the desktop for the future?

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    I recently lost my files on my SD card due to a card alteration project, now I have a new card and need to find the files that I had on my old card. I was using Backupman.

I need to find the files that were on my card, especially my converted videos and music. Are these files backed up on to the desktop as well. If not, what program should I use to backup the card to the desktop for the future?

Thanks
    don't think they are backed up automatically, but BackupBuddy does have an option to backup the contents of the expansion card as well as the main palm ram/rom.