1.    #1  
    Is there any way to do this? My Treo has grouped all the SMSs between me and someone else into a chat. I don't want to keep all of the messages we've sent back and forth, but there is ONE message from my friend that I want to keep. I SMS this person regularly and this chat is getting bigger and bigger!

I guess I can just extract what I need and put it in a memo...

I wish the Treo would only group messages into a chat if their timestamps are close together. My current chat with this person spans a long time!
    You can delete messages from the chat - tap on the message you want to delete and go to menu/delete :-)
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Vorozhbyt
    You can delete messages from the chat - tap on the message you want to delete and go to menu/delete :-)
    OK, now don't I feel a little stupid. I never thought to pull out the stylus to select the message. I was just scrolling through the message and never saw the delete option.

Thanks!
    Wonderful news though - I'd been wondering that myself. Hadn't thought of options with a single message selected. Thanks, Vorozhbyt!

Hrmm....just tried it. You can't highlight a single message inside a chat thread. There seems to be no way to delete a single message, only an entire thread. Bummer.
    Last edited by Alli; 12/31/2003 at 09:39 PM.
    To highlight single message in a chat you have to a) tap on the name/number of the sender of this message, or b) drag the stilus over text of the message and select at least one letter. This is enough to use then delete item from the menu and delete this message :-)
    Originally posted by Vorozhbyt
    To highlight single message in a chat you have to a) tap on the name/number of the sender of this message, or b) drag the stilus over text of the message and select at least one letter. This is enough to use then delete item from the menu and delete this message :-)
    I think we're talking apples and oranges here. It's very simple to delete a single message. It's impossible to delete a single message that is a part of a chat thread. Yes, you can highlight text within a chat thread, but you can't delete it. And once you've opened the thread to see the individual messages, you no longer see the sender's name/number so you can't highlight that. Perhaps you're not using a 600, or perhaps you've never received more than one sms from the same sender without deleting them as they arrive? Try having the same person send you three consecutive sms messages; do not delete. Then try and delete the 2nd message from the thread - it can't be done.
    Originally posted by Alli

I think we're talking apples and oranges here. It's very simple to delete a single message. It's impossible to delete a single message that is a part of a chat thread. Yes, you can highlight text within a chat thread, but you can't delete it. And once you've opened the thread to see the individual messages, you no longer see the sender's name/number so you can't highlight that. Perhaps you're not using a 600, or perhaps you've never received more than one sms from the same sender without deleting them as they arrive? Try having the same person send you three consecutive sms messages; do not delete. Then try and delete the 2nd message from the thread - it can't be done.
    Ummmm...it CAN BE DONE. I just tried. I have a Treo 600 and have a very long chat thread coming from the same individual. Here's what you are doing wrong. DO NOT drag the stylus. Just a single tap on the individual's name, or if you have time timestamps enabled, a single tap on the timestamp. Once you tap, the entire single message within the thread will be highlighted. Then the "delete" option will be available in the menu.
    Last edited by Clovis; 01/02/2004 at 08:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Clovis

Ummm...it CAN BE DONE. I just tried. I have a Treo 600 and have a very long chat thread coming from the same individual. Here's what you are doing wrong. DO NOT drag the stylus. Just a single tap on the individual's name, or if you have time timestamps enabled, a single tap on the timestamp. Once you tap, the entire single message within the thread will be highlighted. Then the "delete" option will be available in the menu.
    Works great. Thanks for the tip.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by Clovis

Ummmm...it CAN BE DONE. I just tried. I have a Treo 600 and have a very long chat thread coming from the same individual. Here's what you are doing wrong. DO NOT drag the stylus. Just a single tap on the individual's name, or if you have time timestamps enabled, a single tap on the timestamp. Once you tap, the entire single message within the thread will be highlighted. Then the "delete" option will be available in the menu.
    Whew! Finally got it. I may feel dumb now, but very thankful. Thanks a million!
  10. jha
    hey thanks! it works!!