1.    #1  
    Hello friends!

Ok so, I'm new to Mac's, and somehow f'ed this Treo600 sync w/ Entourage up... I was hoping you might have some advice?! I have the latest Microsoft vX Office Suite, just upgraded to Panther on a dual G5, and just bought an AT&T Treo600. I downloaded the MS Entourage conduit, but for some reason the Treo data isn't syncing with the Entourage data, nothing happens. When I went into Library, Palm Hotsync, etc... The old Palm datebook, todo, memo and address conduits are in the disabled folder where they should be. And in the Conduits folder, there are: backup, install, microsoft entourage, note pad, photos, vindigo, and voice memo conduits. So then I went to Hotsync Manager, opened the "Conduit Settings" box... and got the window that I assume is correct. It has those 7 conduits in a list, and at the top are the columns Conduit Name, Last Hotsync, and Next Hotsync Action. For every conduit EXCEPT the entourage conduit, either synchronize, backup or install is listed in the next hotsync action. But for the Entourage Conduit, it says "Double click to see" for the "Next HotSync Action"~ yet, when I click, double, triple click- NOTHING HAPPENS! I am sooo frustrated. All that happens is a box highlights in the upper right corner of wthe window, and that box says "Conduit Setting". But again, I can't seem to double-click to open it. I am sure that the problem is, I need to get into that settings box to tell it which categories to sync, etc... but the problem is, why can't I open the Entourage Conduit setting window? If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!
    I think the problem is with Panther. It's documented here:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6165

If you scroll through the comments below the article you should be able to find a fix.

Hope this helps!

AC
    You're ahead of me. I've been going nuts trying to just find a way to sync Entourage. If I understand the MS site, I need to be an Exchange user. I'm not...just an individual.
    Is there a basic site to get started?
    Maybe just having a G4 helps?
    I'm using the Entourage conduit with Jaguar (10.2.8) on my G4 with no problems. It looks like a Panther issue to me.
    Actually, I have Treo600 (Sprint PCS) syncing with Entourage on Panther 10.3.2 without major issues. Once in a while, it gets stuck when it syncs Docs to go, but otherwise it works pretty well.

I clean-installed Panther over Jaguar BTW. That seems to be better.
    Are most people using Entourage, Palm Desktop or a combination of Ical, Address Book, Mac Mail (and just not using the notes / to do list?)?

I've tried each of those three combinations and none seems to be great (Entourage would be if there weren't so many bugs getting it to work/sync).

What's the consensus on the best solution?

Has anyone figured a way to use the Mac Address book, Ical and Mail and ALSO do something for Memo Pad and To Do list?
    I switched to Mac this year when I got my Powerbook 17. Installed Entourage to replace Outlook, followed the steps and synched my Treo 270 with no problems. When I got my Treo 600, I installed the new Palm Desktop CD, and again synched my new toy with Entourage with no problems at all. I'm still using Jaguar and soon to upgrade to Panther next month.

I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice for those that have problems because I didn't get any. Simply followed the same instructions that you mentioned above and it just worked.

I think this has been discussed in another thread sometime back. Did you do a Treocentral or Google search yet?
    Ed
    Originally posted by joelbra
    Are most people using Entourage, Palm Desktop or a combination of Ical, Address Book, Mac Mail (and just not using the notes / to do list?)?

I've tried each of those three combinations and none seems to be great (Entourage would be if there weren't so many bugs getting it to work/sync).

Has anyone figured a way to use the Mac Address book, Ical and Mail and ALSO do something for Memo Pad and To Do list?
    First, I'm using 10.3.2
    I started with Entourage and had no problems. Two weeks ago I switched to using Mail, Address Book, and iCal through iSync and have had absolutely no problems. Don't be afraid to look on the Apple discussion boards (apple.com) as well. I was surprised to see how many Treo 600 users there were on the site. I haven't tried the memo pad to to-do list yet.
    Good luck.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I'm using the latest version of Panther and PalmDesktop and the palm conduit and I sync with Entourage with no problem.

I find iSync and iCal and Mail pretty useless but I have been able to use iSync to sync ical and Adress book with no problem as well.
    Well, this is about 6 months late for Laura, but hopefully it will be of value to someone in the future. My Treo 600 has been syncing flawlessly using the Entourage Conduit, until today when I upgraded my Firmware. I was having the exact same issue that was described in the original post, and the Entourage Conduit would not open at all. Here is what I did to resolve. I deleted my User profile from the HotSync menu and then re-created it, using the same name. After that, the Entourage Conduit opened fine. I then performed a HotSync with the Syncronize set in the preferences and, while it took some time, it finally finished. I think it may have went faster and cleaner if I had set the prefs to Entourage Overwrites Handheld.
    Am I missing something here? Doesn’t Entourage 2004 require a conduit to sync with a PDA (Treo 600)? If so, where can this item be found or downloaded? Please tell me that the Student/Teacher version of Mac Office 2004 was not left in the cold on this...

Otherwise, I have had my Treo 600 for three days now and have successfully synced data with Palm Desktop, iSync, iCal, Address Book, and Chronos Organizer. I am running Mac OS 10.3.4 and just doing testing at this point, while I figure out how I want to incorporate all of the data from my previous PDA. My goal is to use Entourage for all of my PIM data (contacts, calendar, to-do, memo) and spin off from there. A developer named Paul Berkowitz provides several small programs that can exchange the data to iCal and Address Book, thereby allowing me to use the .Mac backup features and much more. There is a new program called PocketMac GoBetween specifically for syncing with Entourage 2004 contacts, calendar, and to-do’s only (no memos). However, initial reports are not very good at VersionTracker.com from users who bought the program (there is no trial version available). God, does it have to be so complicated?!

While I am at it, does anyone still use Chronos Organizer? It was a kick-*** PIM for it’s time, but has not been updated in two years. Rumors have circulated that an upgrade was on the horizon for over one year. If my job was not MS Office dependant and it had e-mail features, I would stick with Organizer.

If we learn from our mistakes, then I obtained my PhD years ago,
    Dr. Z.
    I have the Teacher/Student version of Mac Office 2004 and sync with my Treo600 quite well. The conduit is on the CD. Good luck!
    Yup, I goofed again (hence the signature below)! Thanks for pointing out where the Palm conduit was. Right under my turned up nose...

Okay then, I have installed the conduit and synced test data back a forth several times. It is great to have my memos/notes exchanged again! All seems much more stable that the Entourage X version, on Mac 10.2.8. I have also been working with Sync Entourage-Address Book and this software is working fairly smoothly. With any text data exchange between two different programs, there is always some give and take on how to handle the information. There are still a few caveats, but as long as you read the documentation closely (who ever does), you shouldn’t suffer any real problems or data loss.

I look in the mirror often, because laughter is one of the most effective medicines known to man,
    Dr. Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelbra

I'm using iSync with AddressBook and iCal which requires the Apple conduit. I also left the Palm Memo conduit active and sync Memo's to the Palm Desktop app.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>