1.    #1  
    As I get deeper into this wonderful toy, I can't help but wonder what applications belong on the SC Card and what belongs in RAM.

Is there a rule of thumb as to which applicaitons can be friendly to installation on the SD Card?
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    I have 2 256M SD cards. One is exclusively used for the Pocket Tunes music (about 60 songs so far ) and the other is for BackupMan & Backup files, photo albums, word files, Realtor files, and whatever that comes along that I don't want to store in my Treo internal memory. I am also looking forward to buy (when avaiiable) Specialty SD cards i.e - voice recorders, etc.

My favorite feature of the Treo is actually the MP3 player, playing through the speakerphone almost all the time! It's such a great icebreaker when I am with prospective clients. They heard of MP3 players but not one that also plays on the speakerphone. I can't believe I have more fun with this than my 15gig iPod!
    Last edited by edkalama; 12/27/2003 at 09:02 PM.
    Ed
    Same for me.

I have a 512MB SD card, and basically try to put as much on it as possible (the main memory is limited, and SD card memory with 512 MB is almost unlimited...).

However, as known, accessing the SD card memory is slower than accessing the main memory. I noticed Avantgo is slower to load and synching Avantgo is much slower when choosing the option to put pages on the SD card.
    Also, if you choose to store photos you take with the Treo on the SD card, then it is not possible to share them by e-mail or upload them to the Vision Picture site. You need to first copy the picture from the SD card to the main memory first.

So I guess most application and files than allow it should be put on the SD card, except applications you use often.

Any fix for sharing photos from the SD card?

D.
    Dominique
    All you have to do is move the image to the main memory before sending it. You can do this within the camera program.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Preston
    All you have to do is move the image to the main memory before sending it. You can do this within the camera program.
    Am I missing something? I know I can move pictures taken with the camera to the SD card using the camera app, but how do I move a pic not taken with the camera to the picture app so it can be shared...???
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    I thought you meant a picture in the camera application. If it is stored on the SD card in JPEG format, you can attach it with snappermail; I don't know if the native mail program will do the same.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Michael M

Am I missing something? I know I can move pictures taken with the camera to the SD card using the camera app, but how do I move a pic not taken with the camera to the picture app so it can be shared...???
    If you have an SD card reader (or use an app like Card Export which makes the Treo act as a card reader) you can copy images from your computer to the \DCIM folder on the SD card. The camera app can read any .jpg you put in that folder. Just view an image on the card then MOVE it to one of the other categories in the internal memory. Once it's moved back, you can view and share it as usual.
    Originally posted by Michael M
    As I get deeper into this wonderful toy, I can't help but wonder what applications belong on the SC Card and what belongs in RAM.

Is there a rule of thumb as to which applicaitons can be friendly to installation on the SD Card?
    The only applications you don't want on the expansion card are those that set alarms or require notification from the OS to function properly. Applications on expansion cards don't get their alarm notifications.

Also, some applications, like games, have extra .pdb files. For example, Vexed has the vexed.prc file and level files like classic_levels.pdb and classic_ii_levels.pdb. If you copy all of these files to the /PALM/Launcher directory on your card, and use the built-in launcher to launch the vexed.prc application, it won't work. This is because the built-in launcher won't copy the .pdb files to main memory when it launches the .prc file. As a result, Vexed won't find any levels and won't work. You have to leave the .pdb files in main memory for it to work properly.

That said, some 3rd-party launchers (ZLauncher) can move applications to expansion card and are smart enough to know how to copy all the necessary files when launching the app.