1.    #1  
    I installed a Martin Fields screen protector and I'm not too pleased with it because it does affect the screen quality when viewing SplashPhoto pictures and when reviewing Camera shots. Minimal but it's there and it just further lessens the already marginal low res. screen of the Treo600. However, as far as providing protection for the screen it does the job well.

I want to remove it so I can install a Brando screen protector and see if it would give me a clearer view of my pictures. These screen protectors do not have a "lip" so you can just easily pull it out like the cheaper brands. I read somewhere in one of the threads that a scotch tape would do trick. Not this one. I think the screen protector is too rigid and thick for a scotch tape to lift it up. Anyone with similar experience? Do you know if the other brands have the same effect on the screen quality?
    Last edited by edkalama; 12/27/2003 at 05:01 AM.
    Ed
    Removing screen protectors is an absolute PITA! You can read more of rant here if you're interested. Basically, people recommend can things like credit cards, tooth picks or even tweezers to remove screen protectors. I would be wary of the tweezers though b/c I'ld afraid of scratching the screen...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I like to use tape. Stick it firmly to one of the corners and pull it up along with the screen protector. Best of all, this method has no chance of scratching.
    Originally posted by derek985
    I like to use tape. Stick it firmly to one of the corners and pull it up along with the screen protector. Best of all, this method has no chance of scratching.
    Ditto!
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    get yourself some G2's they don't use glue to keep it in place and you can remove them by simply rubbing you thumb over the screen.
    Don't know about durability since haven't had it that long (a week) but it looks sturdy enough
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    Just make sure you don't get a piece of grit behind your G2. I made that mistake, by the time I got it off of the screen, I had a nice half inch scratch in the screen. That was on my old NR70

I am firmly in the glue on camp (Brando, Boxwave) after that lesson.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    I usually am able to stick the point of the stylus under one corner of the screen protector. I then simply pry back the corner and am able to peel it away with my fingers.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all for the tips. Tried the stylus and the card approach but there wasn't enough space to insert them. So I tried the scotch tape one more time and I was considering DUCK TAPE if it won't budge but the scotch tape did the trick after a few attempts. By the way, in fairness to the Martin Fields protector vendors, I found out the screen was still crappy for photo viewing and the screen protectors had no effect at all! Installed the Brando protector and I find it a little darker than the Martin Fields so I have to adjust the Treo brightness. All in all I like both brands.

My advice to you is if you are planning to install these protectors, make sure you are relaxed and have some time to spare. The f####g things are worse than assembling a propane BBQ , to me anyway. Wasted 4 hours for this crap and the damn screen is full of lint and all kinds of sh....t under the protector. Next week I will make another attempt to replace it with a spare that I bought.

And that's my second advice - buy two because you will not be happy with your first attempt, guaranteed. These are not cheap at over $10 for a 2X2 inch plastic sheet. These damn vendors remind me of our Gasoline dealers in Maui. They're bloodsuckers!

Ed
    For an easier time installing screen protectors I suggest working in a steamy environment (like a bathroom with the shower on) because the steam adheres to the dust particles in the air and makes them sink to the ground thereby making the working environment temporarily dust free. I also use Scotch tape to get the dust out of those tought to reach screen corners too before application. Couple these techniques with a thorough screen cleaning with a good microfiber cleaning cloth and the results are pretty good in my experience.
    Maybe you wont be happy with these screen protectors but.................
    I have been using these for over a year. They are COMPRO. I get them at Ralphs grocery store. They come in a pack of 10 for 10 bucks. Little tricky to get them on, I use something like a credit card, but for a dollar a peice it's cool with me. They fit the m500 series so I cut them down. I also stick these on my ipod to prevent scratches there too. I am happy with them and they last really long. my 2 cents
    Hey Derek and gang. I have the Boxwave protector - before I put it on, it does not leave any glue deposits or anything on the screen does it? If I do not like it I can remove without issues?

JSJSJS
    I have used the G2 screen protector on my Kyocrea 6035 and it worked perfectly.

I removed my old G2 and when I measured its dimensions it would fit on my Treo if I trimmed it down. I measured it out and provided a 1mm overhang after cutting it down to size.

Then I cleaned the old G2 unit and proceeded to slip it under all four edges of the screen and it fits perfect.

With the screen on the G2 is invisible and I can tap the screen with my finger, stylus or a pen without fear.

Removing the G2 is just as easy with a piece of tape to one corner and it lifts out.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I usually am able to stick the point of the stylus under one corner of the screen protector. I then simply pry back the corner and am able to peel it away with my fingers.
    This method works like a charm. I've now performed my first remove/clean/reapplication of a boxwave.

I found that using a can of compressed air to blow dry the protector eliminates most of the dust that tends to settle on the back of the protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Hey Derek and gang. I have the Boxwave protector - before I put it on, it does not leave any glue deposits or anything on the screen does it? If I do not like it I can remove without issues?

JSJSJS
    I just removed a boxwave that had been on for two weeks. I rinsed it under warm water, dried it using compressed air (to prevent lint deposits), then reapplied it. No glue residue. The back of the protector is slightly tacky, but it's really not glue...IMO.

EDIT: The PDA screen is fine. No residue at all.