1.    #1  
    is it me, or can anyone get to the www.nytimes.com with blazer?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've done it with an older model but there is a better solution. Either link to the avantgo pages or, my favorite - use the New york Times text address:

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercen...xtversion.html

Of course you need to register.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    It worked for me. Took a while and 250kb later...
  4.    #4  
    i tried both ways and neither worked until I tried again this morning.

thanx for the replie.
    Felipe
  5. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i read the times twice a day while commuting to & from work. the initial pull of the front page will take a while, but subsequent pulls (when many of the images are cached) are faster. and the text version (http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercen...xtversion.html)
    is always quick.
    I can't get to the New York Times either. It keeps asking me to sign in, and when I do I just keep getting sent back to the sign-in page, over and over again.... I've tried everything-- emptying cache and history, registering again with new member names and passwords-- and nothing works. Any suggestions? (By the way, the same thing also happens for me with the Washington Post.)
    Does it just happen with those 2 web sites or any other sites that require a log in (cookied)?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by bluetreo
    I can't get to the New York Times either. It keeps asking me to sign in, and when I do I just keep getting sent back to the sign-in page, over and over again.... I've tried everything-- emptying cache and history, registering again with new member names and passwords-- and nothing works. Any suggestions? (By the way, the same thing also happens for me with the Washington Post.)
    sounds like a cookie problem.
    Felipe
    It's only those two sites (that I know of). I think it probably *is* a cookie problem. The one thing I haven't tried is clearing my cookies, but I don't want to do that since I have alot of useful cookies stored there for other sites. Of course Blazer won't let you choose which cookies to keep-- it's delete them all or nothing. I guess if I get frustrated enough I'll just go ahead and bite the cookie! I have found a few workarounds though-- for example, I can sometimes get to full NYT articles without registration if I go to them by searching for them from the Google News search site and clicking on the links there. I don't know why that should be so, but it often seems to work. And sometimes EudoraWeb lets me in when Blazer won't.