1.    #1  
    I tried. I tried to love the Treo. I tracked its release from the date it was announced. But alas... I will let go of my device. I couldnt find my grove with Palm OS. I dont know what it was but it seemed in a sense counter-intuitive. The device itself was very nice. It was one of the first quad band beauties of there, and definetly is well made.

So for now I will be leaving this wonderful community. I surely will return when the next gen comes out, provided it has bluetooth, a high res screen and EDGE. Its been a blast! You guys keep on keeping on. From here out im not sure where I am headed. Not to the P900 thats for sure. The color sidekick may get a chance... despite its **** poor RF.

If any one wants a like new Treo 600 check out my signature. I tried to love the thing so much I bought accesories too! .

*waves goodbye*
    Last edited by daftgem; 12/27/2003 at 02:59 AM.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    Wow! What a history of phones you have! I thought I bought too many phones.
    Mike
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by mbranscum
    Wow! What a history of phones you have! I thought I bought too many phones.
    And im only 19 . I shall pursue the perfect phone until I am either dead or incapacitated. The Treo 600 just didnt fit the bill.

I think there's either a movie or play or something about a guy like you - someone who relentlessly (and fruitlessly) pursues perfection, with no eventual outcome.
    I would bet that there's no perfect phone for you - just looking at your history, I'd guess that your search will go on and on.
    And that's ok too - it's folks like you that the cell industry (and handset mfg'ers also) thrive on. Good luck with your quest - I fear it's a never-ending one, but it should be an interesting ride!!
    Daftgem:

You should write reviews and, more significantly, thought pieces about what phones should realistically be able to accomplish. In particular, what combination of existing features would make for the ideal phone, given what has so far been accomplished?

Your two cents -- more like twenty thousand dollars.
    Originally posted by daftgem

And im only 19 . I shall pursue the perfect phone until I am either dead or incapacitated. The Treo 600 just didnt fit the bill.
    No offense, but young people today have far too much time and money on their hands. We got along fine without cell phones when I was 19. We spent our time and money on more practical things... like eight-track tape players.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
  7.    #7  
    I think there's either a movie or play or something about a guy like you - someone who relentlessly (and fruitlessly) pursues perfection, with no eventual outcome.
    I would bet that there's no perfect phone for you - just looking at your history, I'd guess that your search will go on and on.
    And that's ok too - it's folks like you that the cell industry (and handset mfg'ers also) thrive on. Good luck with your quest - I fear it's a never-ending one, but it should be an interesting ride!!

A very interesting ride indeed. I love phones, i dont know what it is, but its my calling. Maybe I should'nt major in communications . A struggle for perfection is indeed a test for the human spirit but i am in it for the long haul! And no doubt Nrosser, it will be a never ending one.

Daftgem:

You should write reviews and, more significantly, thought pieces about what phones should realistically be able to accomplish. In particular, what combination of existing features would make for the ideal phone, given what has so far been accomplished? Your two cents -- more like twenty thousand dollars.

For brevity's sake... I will say the Siemens S56 is the best phone I have delt with to date. The cornerstone for any phone should be RF performance and the Siemens excels wonderfully. Then the sound quality shines thru as well.

In order that is important to me I would say.
    1. RF Performance.
    2. Sound Quality.
    3. Intuitive Interface.
    4. Connectivity... including BT and IRDA.
    5. Data options... EDGE and Multi Slot GPRS... in regards to GSM

on a different astetic level

1. Build quality
    2. Overall style
    3. Screen Quality and depth
    3. WOW factor!

No offense, but young people today have far too much time and money on their hands. We got along fine without cell phones when I was 19. We spent our time and money on more practical things... like eight-track tape players.

I will reserve comment on the practicality of 8 track players !!
    A part of me wants to boycott technology... but i give in! As for my money its hard earned scratch. I log many hours at $8 an hour to purchase my cell phones.. and appreciate the value of a dollar. I will continue to support the economy with my phone purchases .

I will reserve comment on the practicality of 8 track players !!
    A part of me wants to boycott technology... but i give in! As for my money its hard earned scratch. I log many hours at $8 an hour to purchase my cell phones.. and appreciate the value of a dollar. I will continue to support the economy with my phone purchases .
    You seem like an intelligent, hardworking young person. I don't know your personal situation, but if you are not already doing so, you might want to invest the money from those many hours at $8 an hour in more education so that you can make $25, $50, or even $100 an hour. Then you won't have to work so many hours to afford all the gadgets you desire.

Best wishes,

David
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    While I can appreciate the sentiment of this diatribe I question the phone history. Did your parents have a phone for you in their name? Because if not you have paid an exorbitant amount of contract cancellation fees. That or your credit is 100% ruined and you don't stike me as a layabout.
    Good luck to you young man. You are indeed a foolish, foolish boy. Search for your answers in the far hills and the rolling pastures. The technological paradise that is the Treo600 is not for you. Restlessness is your reward, and many charitable donations to the battered women's shelter (where old cellphones go to die) your future.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

I shall pursue the perfect phone until I am either dead or incapacitated. The Treo 600 just didnt fit the bill.
    Agreed. The Treo 600 is NOT the perfect phone. What it is is the best combination yet invented of phone and data device. It's not perfect at either purpose. Some of the new tiny Motorolas and Nokias make much better phones. My laptop with an air card installed makes a much better data device.

But when it comes to integrating the two, there's nothing better on the market.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Originally posted by polscphd2b

Agreed. The Treo 600 is NOT the perfect phone. What it is is the best combination yet invented of phone and data device. It's not perfect at either purpose. Some of the new tiny Motorolas and Nokias make much better phones. My laptop with an air card installed makes a much better data device.

But when it comes to integrating the two, there's nothing better on the market.
    Exactly...see what you are looking for is a phone, and the Treo is not a phone. It is sooo much more than that. If your history included Palms then the Treo would be in your future. The Sidekick is like putting a clay brick on your face, and you'll drop it like a hot pizza seeing your old flames (the size 2 ones).
    You think Daftgem is bad, you should hear my stories

I am somewhere around cell phone number 35 (not sure, and it is too late to count), and I am at the ripe old age of 22. I got my first cell at 17, a beeper before that, and have changed between providers 9 times (with a total of 13 phone numbers), and changed technology types in the following order:
    TDMA -> GSM -> CDMA -> IDEN -> TDMA -> IDEN -> GSM

And I still haven't made up my mind. I had a T600 for about 5 days, which is almost my shortest use period for a phone (It would be if I hadn't taken back a Sprint StarTac dual band one day after I bought it )

Oh, and as for the 'boycott of all technology', I've actually done that. Sometime around September I got the idea to ditch my cell phones and just buy a pager. Well get this, the pager company (MetroCall) couldn't get my dang pager to work. I gave up on that dead tech. and went without a cell phone for almost TWO BLOODY MONTHS.
    Talk about horrid... I had to eventually buy a T-Mo prepaid setup just to tide me over (talk about a ripoff, good thing I got it on eBay for cheap )

EDIT: ANd as of right now I'm home from college and have been carrying around my mom's phone. I still don't have one of my own! ARGHGHHGHHG what to do.....
    I want a Treo 600!!!