1.    #1  
    I'm considering markspace as a solution for syncing pictures to my powerbook but some of the other features are interesting too:

* SplashPhoto included (ver 3.x - does it cost to upgrade to 4? If I've got a demo of 4 installed already do I have to uninstall?)

* Mounts SD card on Mac so no need for separate SD reader.

* Shared internet connection for fast browsing / email connection.

Unfortunately, Markspace doesn't offer a trial (I've asked) and their support forum has very few entries and many unanswered support questions, all of which says "buyer beware"!

I'm hoping folks who have experience good or bad with missing sync could give me a sense of how the product actually works.

Thanks!
    Well I did buy, but I don't use it that much. Here's "my" findings.

1. Works great with iPhoto.
    2. Works with iTunes syncing MP3's. but it's WAY TOO SLOW!!! takes forever. Much faster to use SD Card reader and just drag and drop.
    3. Share Internet connect? Why if you have unlimited data? they say for AvantGo. I say download the AvantGo Palm app and just do a "modem sync" straight on the Treo. Again MUCH FASTER.
    4. Mount SD Card. SD Card Reader, cheap and fast.

again these are just my findings.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by OTreo
    I'm considering markspace as a solution for syncing pictures to my powerbook but some of the other features are interesting too:

* SplashPhoto included (ver 3.x - does it cost to upgrade to 4? If I've got a demo of 4 installed already do I have to uninstall?)

* Mounts SD card on Mac so no need for separate SD reader.

* Shared internet connection for fast browsing / email connection.

Unfortunately, Markspace doesn't offer a trial (I've asked) and their support forum has very few entries and many unanswered support questions, all of which says "buyer beware"!

I'm hoping folks who have experience good or bad with missing sync could give me a sense of how the product actually works.

Thanks!
    What is it that you think is "missing"?

Hotsync works fine on all my Macs without this software. I believe it was designed for the Sony-branded Palms and somehow a folklore built up that it was needed for the Treo and Macs. It's not.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Imageone, that info is really helpful!

NateS, the main problem I'm trying to make easier is getting photos in and out of the Treo's internal camera folder.

So far what I've found is that I have to use a file moving app to move files between the SD card and Treo. And then also use the camera apps "move" function to get them into an internal category.

Even this isn't completely straightforward, as I've discovered that not all files moved to the Treo internal memory show up in the camera - come to think of it, these photos were added using the Handspring supplied "Send to Handheld" app.

These photos don't show up in the Camera app but do show up in SplashPhoto. Not sure why this is (different creator?).

Anyway - photos are just a bit too cumbersome for my tastes - would be nice to simplify the process and that's the main reason I was looking at Markspace.

The Splashphoto license and mounting of the SD card seem like possible bonuses.
    i purchased Missing Sync, also weary of their no-trial policy, and now I know why.

It mounts the SD card fine and thats about it. My main reason for buying it was the ability to pull the photos off of the card and the internet sharing (since cingular's data plans are not necessarily cheap). Well after more than a week waiting for a decent answer from their tech support (email) they basically said the Web and Mail apps that come loaded on the treo have problems with internet sharing and generally don't work. So I would have to buy more shareware apps to fully utilize their software. I am extreamely disappointed. Their offices are near where I live and I am debating dropping in and giving them what for haha. My advice, SD card reader that works with the mac. I never installed splash photo, the plugins, or any of the itunes stuff so I can't comment on that.
    oh yeah, and it doesn't actually sync photos unlike their website hints at. You still have to drag and drop from the mounted SD card the same way you would with a card reader. I wrote an applescript that does it, thats about as synced as it gets.