1.    #1  
    I am currently using the GSM (Cingular) Treo 600 on the T-Mo network and wondered if anyone is also experiencing NO voicemail logo in the display when in fact you DO have a voice mail? I get the SMS message, but I do not get the voicemail icon (spool or envelope). Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by dimensiondvdrob
    I am currently using the GSM (Cingular) Treo 600 on the T-Mo network and wondered if anyone is also experiencing NO voicemail logo in the display when in fact you DO have a voice mail? I get the SMS message, but I do not get the voicemail icon (spool or envelope). Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    \

Well obviously this is because you're using a cingular phone on the TMobile Network, something that is expressly warned against by the manufacturer...

Ok. Sarcasm aside, it's actually because Tmobile uses text messages instead of a voicemail indicator. It stinks, but that's just how they do it. Have a look at the howardforums Tmobile board, as this comes up from time to tome. There may be a few old powertel markets that still send out the indicator signal, but as a rule T-mobile doesn't support it at all. So you're not getting it because they're not sending it, and won't send it. Simple as that.
    It would be nice to have an app for T-Mobile to translate that text message into a voicemail waiting. The text messages are the same --

you have n new messages

so it doesn't seem that difficult to intercept and create a voicemail icon. Although perhaps OS5's lack of hacks makes it more of a challenge, I don't program Palm. I suppose there isn't much demand, though.