1.    #1  
    I switched over to VISTO from TreoMail a few months ago, as requested by HandSpring, and while its' functionality is similar to TreoMail and provides the access I need to my corporate Exchange mail server I have a serious problem with it:

After doing an unknown number of message retrievals, I lose access to the network with Visto and all other network applications and have to do a hard reset. It's as if it uses a new network socket for each retrieval, and doesn't release the old ones, or something.

I have to reboot my treo 2 - 3 times a day!!!

The other issue is that on occasion, when visto pages me, it reboots my phone spontaneously - typically while I'm on the phone. This happens a few times a week. I'm using smsmail from pdaapps - so I assume it's something going on between the two apps.

Visto Support ignored 2 email requests for help regarding the hard reset problem over the last 2 months, finally responded to a 3rd on Xmas day(!) and told me it wasn't their problem. They have no support forums, etc. Totally ridiculous. I can't believe they ask you to pay $60 A YEAR and then offer zero support. Complete CRAP.

Any advice? Ideas? Suggestions for a different mail package to access Exchange? I'm using snappermail for access to an IMAP accont and love it. For various reasons - I don't want to use the IMAP support on Exchange.

Thanks!
    It is more in the line of a "barrel"-size one.

I don't know what to refer you too, either. If you are a Sprint user, you can try out Sprint Business Connect. It had some limitations that i don't like, but nothing that TreoMail didn't have also. If you aren't a Sprint user, you are out of luck.

I don't know if you have sway over your IT department, and can add on feature support to your Exchange servers, but Goodlink looks pretty cool. I don't have that kind of sway over my company (and I am the CTO!!), so good luck there.

Then, also, there is the future, upcomming, Blackberry service for Treo, which is going to have the same limits as the Goodlink, so that is probably out of the question.

Good luck on your search.
    I have to agree. I was a TreoMail user and was encouraged to switch to Visto. Needless to day when my subscription was up, I looked elsewhere. I am using BaseJet now and other than a few small bugs, really like it a lot. It is a nice replacement and has grown up a lot since I looked at it last year.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com