1.    #1  
    Does anyone have an SOLID information on the date the Treo 600 will become available again from Sprint?

Amazon is out, the local Sprint store is out, and they are not available to order via phone directly from Sprint.

I've placed an order from Amazon on 12/22 and was trying to get an idea when I might see the phone.

Other than high demand is there any other reason the phone is suddenly out of stock?
    > ...Other than high demand is there any other reason the phone
    > is suddenly out of stock?

Low demand easily could be a reason.

Sprint was stung mightily by the TREO 300 - note that they are STILL in-stock with these about a year (at least!) after they last ordered any from Handspring. Carrying "decaying" high-tech inventory like that is a no-no for any company.

If Sprint saw a drop-off in sales of the TREO 600 (as normally would be expected after the initial surge on introduction) then it is not at all a leap of logic to think they lowered their follow-on order size.

Which would bring things for TREO availability right back to where they were a few weeks ago when Handspring was literally building to order rather than building, then finding buyers.

The PalmOne/Handspring site notes the leadtime for Sprint TREO 600s:

-- http://www.handspring.com/support/sp...ping_msg.jhtml

Expect to see this page updated soon.

[editted to get rid of split infinitives - a real problem for me! - and to make certain sentences clearer]
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 12/26/2003 at 10:38 AM.
    I ordered mine from TreoCentral and they claimed it would ship on the 29th, but I received it on the 24th. (a day after i ordered it)
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    You indirectly bring up another possibility - the web site(s) noting availabulity (or lack thereof) simply could be wrong/out-of-date during the "holiday vacation" days...
    You say you have plenty in stock.

As such, you are an excellent datapoint to gauge sell-in/sell-through!

Do you want to volunteer some info?

If not ACTUAL numbers like:

== "We got 3000 in and have sold 2500 over a 3 month period"

how about something like:

== "Over a three month period we sold 85% of our inventory"

Inquiring minds wanna know!

(note - TreoCentral itself easily could do something similar if they're not TOO close-to-the-vest with such data)
    Best Buy and CompUSSR have tons.
    We've sold about 150 over the last 3 months.

Larry
    > We've sold about 150 over the last 3 months.

Aieeee!

You are a scholar AND a gentleman for volunteering that information.

But...

THE critical piece of information to gauge sell-in/sell-through is that oh-so-necessary:

== "We received 300 and have sold 150".

or

== "We've sold 150 - about 50% of what we got"

However, even what you've posted is very much appreciated.

Thanks much.
    Originally posted by strongbad
    Best Buy and CompUSSR have tons.
    Thank you for bringing joy to my holiday season with that comment. It actually took a few seconds before it sunk in (too much spiked eggnog...)
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > We've sold about 150 over the last 3 months.

Aieeee!

You are a scholar AND a gentleman for volunteering that information.

But...

THE critical piece of information to gauge sell-in/sell-through is that oh-so-necessary:

== "We received 300 and have sold 150".

or

== "We've sold 150 - about 50% of what we got"

However, even what you've posted is very much appreciated.

Thanks much.
    Your obsession is fascinating in the manner that people find car accidents to be somewhat hypnotic.

Outside of Handspring/Palm executives, no one can say exactly how well the Treo 600 is selling. Which is exactly as Handspring wants it. If you find out this info, no doubt you will post to every possible Palm-related site about how poorly the Treo is selling and how Handspring/Palm are "dead" because they're living hand-to-mouth, suppliers have them "on a short leash", they can only build Treo 600 as they get enough orders, etc. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

After reading a number of your posts here, it's obvious that your motives are quite suspect.
    Ach! Of course, my mistake!

We should all hide our heads in the sand and simply think Good Thoughts when we're playing with a company's stock!

How absolutely silly of me!

=====

Boy - are you DUHmb!

Ha ha ha!

No ****ing kidding!

Ha ha ha!

DUHmb as a PLUG!

Ha ha ha!

But...

I still want to know sell-in/sell-through whether you or anyone else likes it or not - at least a few real datapoints. This is a prime opportunity to gather one datapoint.

====

You've taken an absolutely wonderful information-filled thread and turned it into Yet Another ****ing Personal Attack on Someone Who Doesn't Hold YOUR Views

But go away and hate someone else, okay, while I try to find out some real information.

No kidding.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Ach! Of course, my mistake!

We should all hide our heads in the sand and simply think Good Thoughts when we're playing with a company's stock!

How absolutely silly of me!

=====

Boy - are you DUHmb!

Ha ha ha!

No ****ing kidding!

Ha ha ha!

DUHmb as a PLUG!

Ha ha ha!

But...

I still want to know sell-in/sell-through whether you or anyone else likes it or not - at least a few real datapoints. This is a prime opportunity to gather one datapoint.

====

You've taken an absolutely wonderful information-filled thread and turned it into Yet Another ****ing Personal Attack on Someone Who Doesn't Hold YOUR Views

But go away and hate someone else, okay, while I try to find out some real information.

No kidding.

Nice to see you show you true self. Do you think anyone is going to post detailed sales info here, now knowing that you want this info to help spread FUD about Palm? Try damaging Palm's stock prices some other way.

It's amazing to see someone so persistent as to have posted over 600 messages to a Treo site, all in an effort to damage Handspring/Palm. How many times have people suggested you leave this site?

Keep begging for your "datapoints". You're getting more and more desperate every week.
    I ordered my 600 from Amazon on 12/20 and they still estimate end of January for shipping. Has anyone received their's yet and ordered around the similar date? There seems to be a lot of thread from folks that received their's within days even though it was supposed to be backordered.
    Originally posted by dpark
    I ordered my 600 from Amazon on 12/20 and they still estimate end of January for shipping. Has anyone received their's yet and ordered around the similar date?
    I ordered from Amazon on 12/14 and they still estimate 1/20 to 2/3 as a shipping date for me.

And, apparently, checking back several times a day doesn't help me!

''
    I can tell you this much - the local Best Buy here where I live ran out of their initial shipment in 20 minutes - they sold 120 of them. I was one of the fortunate ones who got one of those. It was amazing to watch how fast they sold out.

The sales associate I talked to during Christmas said they they're coming in in lots of 50 and selling out again in 2-3 days. I went by there yesterday and noticed they were out again. So, at least in my area, there seems to be a huge market and theyr'e selling quite briskly.
    Scott
    Originally posted by Rico3201

I ordered from Amazon on 12/14 and they still estimate 1/20 to 2/3 as a shipping date for me.

And, apparently, checking back several times a day doesn't help me!

''

Interesting. My neighbor ordered it around the 14th but got it in about 4 days although he was told it was backordered.
    Originally posted by dpark

Interesting. My neighbor ordered it around the 14th but got it in about 4 days although he was told it was backordered.

Hey! Have your neighbor send me my Treo!