Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chup,
    As you say, YOUR response shows a lack of intelligence as well. No one, and I mean NO ONE should be allowed to own this phone if they are going to need customer service to walk them through anything. You can reset all account passwords on sprintpcs.com. You can change plans on sprintpcs.com. You can even cancel your service on sprintpcs.com if you hate it so much. These devices were meant for a very elite class of person and those people DO NOT call customer service, speak to a slave wage worker, and then get upset when the answers they recieve do not mimick something Stephen Hawking would tell them.
    Of course those types of people also don't name themselves after mythical beasts that...heehee...suck on goats. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Talked to a CSR last night, and a salesperson at an AT&T corporate store this afternoon -- neither would admit that this plan exists.
    Is there some hidden CS number one has to call to get this (short-customer care, business office, etc)?

-Rusty J
    270 with 3 weeks left on AT&T
    T|T3 + T616
    etc.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Chup,
    As you say, YOUR response shows a lack of intelligence as well. No one, and I mean NO ONE should be allowed to own this phone if they are going to need customer service to walk them through anything. You can reset all account passwords on sprintpcs.com. You can change plans on sprintpcs.com. You can even cancel your service on sprintpcs.com if you hate it so much. These devices were meant for a very elite class of person and those people DO NOT call customer service, speak to a slave wage worker, and then get upset when the answers they recieve do not mimick something Stephen Hawking would tell them.
    Of course those types of people also don't name themselves after mythical beasts that...heehee...suck on goats. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Your response shows a degree of temerity that may soon prove fatal. I only hope you don't find yourself completely drained this holiday season.

While your comments are (barely) amusing, the premise is at best weak.

A few examples of the Relentless Pursuit of Perfection™ a.k.a. Sprint Customer Service:

- Is it necessary to ask to speak to a manager in order to convince the Sprint employee setting up an account that the monthly price for Vision service for the Treo 600 is $15 (rather than the $30 "offering" Sprint pockets from owners of PPC devices)? This has happened on at least four occasions with our contracts in the past month. One young "lady" at Sprint even began shouting that there was "no way does it cost $15!". Sprint needs to tell their employees to stop making it up as they go along. If they don't know the answer, they need to find someone that does and stop the BS.

- It would be nice to configure plans entirely online. Only problem is Sprint's best plans aren't posted. And even if you tell them which specific plan you want, in most cases the CSRs seem more interested in arguing than in arranging service. Bypassing the unfortunate drones on the phones and speaking directly with managers seems to be the only way to get proper service.

- It would also be nice to be able to configure the phones yourself. Unfortunately, you can't. Are you familiar with the term "provisioning"? Look it up and learn the horrors enjoyed by those lucky souls whose provisioning "went bad". The fun of waiting on hold for an hour to talk to a Level I tech that starts to stutter when the only trick (s)he knows/has written on her/his/its hand doesn't work. "I-I-I-I-d-d-d-on't-know-w-w-w-w-hy-it's-not-w-w-working!" Then you find out it will be at least a one hour wait to talk to a Level II tech and there's no direct number to reach this brain trust. (Probably KoKo the Chimp locked away in a dark cage and handcuffed to a phone and a monitor.)

- Email not working even though you've configured it properly? Call a Sprint CSR and wait an hour while they consult their Magic 8 Ball™ for answers.

- Just want to buy a phone and deal with the activation later yourself? I spent three (yes, three) hours on hold/speaking to thirteen (yes, thirteen) CSRs and managers in four (yes, four) different Sprint departments this week to just purchase a SE T608. The T608 being a phone that was officially abandoned by Sony Ericsson before it was even released, is/was only available by calling a single phone number at Sprint, is unknown by 99.99% of Sprint employees ("Why don't you just get one from a Sprint Store?"), has been effectively hidden from public view, and has no consistent policy regarding charges for data usage.

- Don't like the answer a Sprint CSR gives you to a question? Easy - call back in two minutes and another one will give you the opposite answer. No doubt it's all depending on whether or not they use tarot cards, palms or tea leaves to do their readings. Of course, there's no accountability because, "Sorry, we have four call centers and hundreds of operators, so it's impossible to tell who you were just speaking to."

- Enjoy being on hold for 45 minutes, transferred to every Sprint office between here and Mars, only to be disconnected while waiting for a confirmation number after giving your credit card info for an order? Twice? Then finding out "We have no record of your order..."? Good. You've come to the right provider.

- Think you can bypass problems by just going into a Sprint Store? Guess again - that's where the Sprint Store Guys work. Imagine a regular Sprint CSR, only without the charming personality + intelligence, but with greasy hair, gold chains and a mullet.

The examples could go on but I'm sure you get the point. I'm sure others here have had similar experiences. I hope most Sprint customers don't have to deal with Sprint for more than a few minutes during the life of their contract. But pray for a quick death if it doesn't all go smoothly.
    Originally posted by Rusty J
    Talked to a CSR last night, and a salesperson at an AT&T corporate store this afternoon -- neither would admit that this plan exists.
    Is there some hidden CS number one has to call to get this (short-customer care, business office, etc)?

-Rusty J
    270 with 3 weeks left on AT&T
    T|T3 + T616
    etc.
    I posted a thread about this a few days ago, but it was apparently moved to some secret area of Treocentral.

Do a search to find the posts.
    Hi, For me the choice was a snap the T600 is many steps up the ladder from the T300. It is not worth waiting. this is great. There are better options out there than bt anyway some that already easily work with the t600.

I admit I am very fussy and demanding when it comes to customer service and so far I have ony GREAT things to say about Sprint's CS!

I also agree the T600 demand is so heavy plus merger issues will mean that the T700 is not arround the corner shortly! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Chup,
    You poor, deluded fool. You have obviously not done near as much research as you would like us to think.
    -Sprint's best plans aren't posted? Wrong. Plain and simple they are there, you just didn't look hard enough. I can only assume you are talking about the higher end plans that can include upward of 3000 minutes. Is that the one? Yeah? Go back and look a little harder Mon Ami'.
    -I am quite familiar with what "provisioning" is. As I have mentioned numerous times I SELL Sprint phones. There is no question that the "provisioning" has gone down and phones aren't able to "provision". Calling a CSR doesn't make this happen any faster Chup. They aren't going to tell you there's a problem, just like AT&T won't admit they have a problem with porting. No company is going to admit that. Of course the OTHER possibilty is that you were told how long it would take to "provision" and you simply didn't wait. Once you attempted to connect the WHOLE "provisioning" of your phone was halted and you decided to call someone and scream about it. Typical "customer". Everyone bow down to you, for YOU are the reason we exist.
    -Go to a Sprint store? Go to hell. I don't work at a Sprint store, but I can tell you one thing, when customers DO come in with cs issues, it's usually because they didn't listen to what they were told to begin with. I'm not here to help you with that, I am a SALESMAN!!! If you bought something from me, then I'll bend over backwards to find you the answer. If not, step out of my way and stop costing me $$$! Did you buy your phone from ANY of the nice people at the Sprint store? No I'm sure you got it one Amazon for a dollar fifty, and now you want support. Help me, I'm a CUSTOMER. Well, not for much longer if they're lucky.
    -Setup the email properly? Not if it isn't working there, Braintrust.
    Bottom line is that you didn't get what you wanted, and now Sprint sucks? Try again KoKo.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Most people purchasing phones will have limited - if any - contact with the customer service departments for the providers.
    Exactly! That's why I think it's a fairly insignificant factor in the big picture of wireless service, and why I think it's foolish for anyone to make a decision on a provider based on their customer service "reputation" given in an internet forum by geeks like us.

I'm sorry you've had such a tough time with your Treo, however you are in the minority. Bottom line is, you had some troubles that ended up getting worked out after some unnecessary hassle. That's called life, get over it.

You response suggests a lack of intelligence, but in the spirit of the season, I'll attempt to educate you nonetheless.
    I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it, just my own personal experience over the last 5 years with multiple phones and providers. Thanks for the education though!
    Chup,
    You poor, deluded fool. You have obviously not done near as much research as you would like us to think.
    -Sprint's best plans aren't posted? Wrong. Plain and simple they are there, you just didn't look hard enough. I can only assume you are talking about the higher end plans that can include upward of 3000 minutes. Is that the one? Yeah? Go back and look a little harder Mon Ami'.
    -I am quite familiar with what "provisioning" is. As I have mentioned numerous times I SELL Sprint phones. There is no question that the "provisioning" has gone down and phones aren't able to "provision". Calling a CSR doesn't make this happen any faster Chup. They aren't going to tell you there's a problem, just like AT&T won't admit they have a problem with porting. No company is going to admit that. Of course the OTHER possibilty is that you were told how long it would take to "provision" and you simply didn't wait. Once you attempted to connect the WHOLE "provisioning" of your phone was halted and you decided to call someone and scream about it. Typical "customer". Everyone bow down to you, for YOU are the reason we exist.
    -Go to a Sprint store? Go to hell. I don't work at a Sprint store, but I can tell you one thing, when customers DO come in with cs issues, it's usually because they didn't listen to what they were told to begin with. I'm not here to help you with that, I am a SALESMAN!!! If you bought something from me, then I'll bend over backwards to find you the answer. If not, step out of my way and stop costing me $$$! Did you buy your phone from ANY of the nice people at the Sprint store? No I'm sure you got it one Amazon for a dollar fifty, and now you want support. Help me, I'm a CUSTOMER. Well, not for much longer if they're lucky.
    -Setup the email properly? Not if it isn't working there, Braintrust.
    Bottom line is that you didn't get what you wanted, and now Sprint sucks? Try again KoKo.

So you sell Sprint phones? Now your responses actually make sense. Sorry to see the truth hurt you like that. Your employer is a joke, as you know. Please feel free to deny this - I know you need to spin Sprint's incompetence to the best of your (limited) abilities.

The plans I was referring to are actually lower priced, but nice try. None of the provisioning problems we experienced with our phones were secondary to user error. Sprint's problems - which they could never explain - were not "solved" until I called and advised Sprint that I would be cancelling my plan (and then make sure my company cancelled as many of our other phones as possible) if things weren't fixed immediately. Do you people ever get tired of lying?

Don't worry - your job is probably safe. ( I don't think Sprint could train enough chimps to replace you and your co-workers any time soon...)

By the way, customers ARE the reason you have a job. The fact that you don't seem to comprehend this shows you really do think like a typical Sprint employee. Arrogant and dim-witted at the same time. Remarkable.
    Originally posted by Proflig8tor
    The reason why this matters is because a convergent device is complicated and without proper support the thing simply will not function. I have four sets of names and passwords to get my Treo "connected."

After over 60 hours my Treo now only some times does e-mail correctly. It took over 40 hours for Sprint to get the account set up right and all of this was over a period of two weeks.

Now that I have most of the functions I need, I can live without having to call Sprint to reset my account every day. Fortunately Sprint did try everything they could do to help. The problem was with the servers that store account and log in information.
    Four sets of u/p? Why? How come? I have two - my PCS Vision u/p and the one I setup for PCS Mail so I could use the Sprint smtp server. Why would there be more? (Though I admit more than even one can be a bit frustrating)

And I've with the previous poster. The only time I call Sprint is when I switch phones. Then again the month after to get my bill fixed. Heh. Still, why else would I call. Any other questions I've had about my Treo have been answered here!
    I'm really confused about the Sprint CSR issue. I never call them unless it's to fix my bill and they seem competent enough to do that once a quarter or so....and the speaker phone on the 600 is going to make that much easier.

As to calling them with technical questions on the 600 and their lack of knowledge...I think I might question my own intelligence first if I were calling *2 for that with my 600. Check here, check the manual and then call 877-789-3969 and deal with the Handspring/Sprint folks...the same folks that activated your service.

Oh, and welcome to IGNORE Chupacabra for your personal attacks, general lack valid/useful content and pre-pubescent spewing.

-Rob
    Originally posted by Rob600
    I'm really confused about the Sprint CSR issue. I never call them unless it's to fix my bill and they seem competent enough to do that once a quarter or so....and the speaker phone on the 600 is going to make that much easier.

As to calling them with technical questions on the 600 and their lack of knowledge...I think I might question my own intelligence first if I were calling *2 for that with my 600. Check here, check the manual and then call 877-789-3969 and deal with the Handspring/Sprint folks...the same folks that activated your service.

Oh, and welcome to IGNORE Chupacabra for your personal attacks, general lack valid/useful content and pre-pubescent spewing.

-Rob

I'm referring to all Sprint representatives when I say "CSR". These reps (salespeople/managers/tech support/Sprint Store Mullets) appear to be uniformly lazy and poorly informed. Since the phone cannot function unless it's properly set up, customers are dependent on Sprint's reps to resolve any "issues".

Did you remember to take your medicine?
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

I'm referring to all Sprint representatives when I say "CSR". These reps (salespeople/managers/tech support/Sprint Store Mullets) appear to be uniformly lazy and poorly informed. Since the phone cannot function unless it's properly set up, customers are dependent on Sprint's reps to resolve any "issues".

Did you remember to take your medicine?

Called the Sprint order line for the Sony Ericsson T608 to find out when the phones would be sent out. Operator says they have no way of looking up the order even if they are given the confirmation number. They can't tell if the phones were sent out.

One more hour of transfers, holds and customer service supervisors and we find out Sprint has no record of any order ever being placed despite an order number being given. More "sincere apologies" from Sprint and the phones are ordered again.

If you've ordered this phone, you might want to check to see if it was really ordered. Many of Sprint's computers have crashed heavily in the past week and they're doing a lot of stuff by hand - a recipe for disaster.

It's amazing this company hasn't gone bankrupt.
    Chup,
    I was actually going to let this one go because upon rereading my responses they sounded a little harsh. Then I got to your final couple of posts and I realized I'm just too stubborn (although my uniform laziness almost allowed me to).
    First off, I don't work for Sprint. I have actually said where I work on numerous occassions. Check the threads as you soooo found of spouting.
    Secondly, there is a big difference between being there for YOUR customers and holding everyone's hand. You didn't answer my question though. Did you buy your phones from the person at the Sprint store that you were trying to get help from? If you did, and they won't help you, then they suck as salespeople, return the phones, and go buy them where you CAN get help. If you didn't, then stop bothering them. Money makes the world go round my friend, and they aren't paid to help you, they're paid to sell phones! I am relatively certain that even you wouldn't go to work and do someone else's job at the cost of not getting paid because you didn't do your own. No, in fact I KNOW you wouldn't do that, so why do you expect someone else to?
    And finally, switch services, get as many people in your company to as you can. The relative manhours Sprint has to spend with you, in relation to the "low end" plans you pay for are probably not worth their, or anyone else's, time.
    Have a nice day and don't forget...
    "Shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
    It'll be fun.
    Chup,
    I was actually going to let this one go because upon rereading my responses they sounded a little harsh. Then I got to your final couple of posts and I realized I'm just too stubborn (although my uniform laziness almost allowed me to).
    First off, I don't work for Sprint. I have actually said where I work on numerous occassions. Check the threads as you soooo found of spouting.
    Secondly, there is a big difference between being there for YOUR customers and holding everyone's hand. You didn't answer my question though. Did you buy your phones from the person at the Sprint store that you were trying to get help from? If you did, and they won't help you, then they suck as salespeople, return the phones, and go buy them where you CAN get help. If you didn't, then stop bothering them. Money makes the world go round my friend, and they aren't paid to help you, they're paid to sell phones! I am relatively certain that even you wouldn't go to work and do someone else's job at the cost of not getting paid because you didn't do your own. No, in fact I KNOW you wouldn't do that, so why do you expect someone else to?
    And finally, switch services, get as many people in your company to as you can. The relative manhours Sprint has to spend with you, in relation to the "low end" plans you pay for are probably not worth their, or anyone else's, time.
    Have a nice day and don't forget...
    "Shop smart, shop S-Mart!"

You continue to amuse. Thanks for being so consistent. I'll write in short sentences for your benefit:

1) I don't really care where you work. But with your apparent level of intelligence and attitude you should consider a career at Sprint. You could go far.

2) My personal phone was purchased from Amazon.com and activated at a local Sprint store. Their job is to provide proper service for their customers and they failed to do so. Judging from the substandard care for other custmers in the store that I saw, that's par for the course in Sprint stores.

3) The activation and contract problems have been dealt with. The current problems revolve around Sprint's telesales department's inability to sell phones. After giving credit card info three times there is still no order in the system. Great way to do business. The excuses are endless.

4) I would never have considered Sprint if they didn't have better reception in my area. Their reputation is THAT bad and well deserved. Most people I have talked to seem to feel the same way. Tomorrow I will find out what happened to the third order for the Sony Ericsson T608 phones. If they are not sent, the Treo 600 will be returned. I have already instructed my staff to cancel future Sprint phones and will be emailing all other departments at my center suggesting they use other providers. The telecommunications departments at our other facilities will also be contacted. Sprint has just lost a little bit more than a single customer with a low end contract. Now they can spend their "relative chimphours" wasting the time of other customers with their incompetence.

Happy New Year, Chimpy.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

You continue to amuse. Thanks for being so consistent. I'll write in short sentences for your benefit:

1) I don't really care where you work. But with your apparent level of intelligence and attitude you should consider a career at Sprint. You could go far.

2) My personal phone was purchased from Amazon.com and activated at a local Sprint store. Their job is to provide proper service for their customers and they failed to do so. Judging from the substandard care for other custmers in the store that I saw, that's par for the course in Sprint stores.

3) The activation and contract problems have been dealt with. The current problems revolve around Sprint's telesales department's inability to sell phones. After giving credit card info three times there is still no order in the system. Great way to do business. The excuses are endless.

4) I would never have considered Sprint if they didn't have better reception in my area. Their reputation is THAT bad and well deserved. Most people I have talked to seem to feel the same way. Tomorrow I will find out what happened to the third order for the Sony Ericsson T608 phones. If they are not sent, the Treo 600 will be returned. I have already instructed my staff to cancel future Sprint phones and will be emailing all other departments at my center suggesting they use other providers. The telecommunications departments at our other facilities will also be contacted. Sprint has just lost a little bit more than a single customer with a low end contract. Now they can spend their "relative chimphours" wasting the time of other customers with their incompetence.

Happy New Year, Chimpy.
    I hope DrDoom is still alive...
    ...I'm still here. Just busy, but don't worry my acerbic wit will return soon.
    It'll be fun.
    ...I'm still here. Just busy, but don't worry my acerbic wit will return soon.
    Glad to hear you're ok. I was worried one of your (many?) disgruntled customers had decided to go Chimpicidal on you.

Your "acerbic wit will return soon"?
    When did we actually see it in the first place?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12