1.    #1  
    All,

My Treo 300 recently broke...actually it still works but the flip open lid has broken and therefore it is almost impossible to use, unless I have it on speakerphone. Tried to fix it but just made it worse. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I am currently a Sprint user and am very happy with their plan (ulimited data, unlimted PCS to PCS) but having just worked in Europe for a couple of months was disappointed since none of their phones work over in Europe....or outside the US it seems.

So, I am interested in the Treo 600 and have been very happy with my Treo 300. Would like to get some advice from people on here (people who have gone from 300 to 600) to see if you believe that it was a good move or not. Also, any ideas about which company provides the best plan ? AT & T, others ?

Also, what is the best way to get a 600 right now, in terms of getting the best deal ? Can I just walk into a Sprint store and get a better deal than going to handspring.com ? I seem to recall that there was a deal for Treo 300 users that want to upgrade.

So, any and all advice very welcome. I will be checking this thread tomorrow in the hope that you all can help me out. My initial plan is to go to the Sprint store tomorrow and go and get a Treo 600 and see if they can fix my 300 and how much that will cost.

Thanks in advance and apologises if some of these topics have been covered in previous threads...in a hurry right now.

Dave.
  2.    #2  
    Come on people....surely someone can advise...the post has been viewed over 170+ times.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by davetati

Thanks in advance and apologises if some of these topics have been covered in previous threads...in a hurry right now.
    Dave.
    Come on Davetati.....
    Not to be difficult but yes these topics have been discussed over and over and over again. Every which way possible and beaten to death!
    It's a good move that I'm sure you won't regret and sounds like you otta have the GSM version if you spend lengthy time periods in Europe!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    If you liked the 300 you'll love the 600.

And really the battery on the 300 makes it a toy. The 600 is a DC3 workhorse.
    I went from a Treo300 to the Sprint Treo600 and have no regrets. The only possible negative is the slightly cramped thumbboard when compared to the Treo300, but I've gotten accustomed to it by now...

If you want a good deal, I think you should probably wait until Tmo finally releases the Treo600. I know, I know...who the heck knows when that's going to happen, but I assume Handspring will have the same upgrade offers at that time. Also, Tmo has obviously the best plans of all GSM providers and they seem to have the largest international coverage. However, you local coverage may vary...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    > ...If you want a good deal, I think you should probably wait
    > until Tmo finally releases the Treo600. I know, I know...who the
    > heck knows when that's going to happen...

Maybe soon?

Well, that's the rumor at least.

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=45166