1.    #1  
    I have noticed that my keyboard randomly illuminates, not the screen, the keyboard only. Any thoughts?
    this topic has been addressed previously... the bottom line:
    it lights up at first. If you are using the unit at night, press the Blue alt key (under "A") then press the "P". no matter what brightness level, the screen will change to lowest level & keyboard will stay illuminated until the treo powers off. ...there's a bit more to it, but that's the jist...
    RW
  3.    #3  
    i figured it had been addressed, I search and didn't get any results...got suggestions for keywords or links?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    backlight
    -search in treo600 only-
  6.    #6  
    perfect, I installed GlowHack while trying to make Sandman work...GlowHack is gone...still working on Sandman
    Here's the secret to getting Sandman or OffIt to work: you have to have the system sounds enabled. Go to Prefs -> General -> and pull down the System Sounds menu. If you choose "off", then Sandman or OffIt will not work. But if you choose any other setting (i use "low", since I don't really like the system sounds), then Sandman should work.
  8.    #8  
    Even with System sounds on, Sandman only works for a moment before the screen and keygaurd start flickering again
    Oh yeah, one other tip: do you have TreoAlertMgr installed? If so, this is a known conflict. I've had nearly no problems ever since I've set TreoAlertMgr to alert every 120 sec, rather than the default of 50 sec.
  10.    #10  
    nope, no TreoAltMngr installed. Off-It succumbs just like Sandman. After a couple of seconds, the screen starts flickering. This happens regardless if keyguard is on or off
    OHMIGOD!! GET OUT OF THERE QUICK!!

IT'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!
  12.    #12  
    that's exactly what I am afraid of. I think that the spirit of Bin Laden has invaded my Treo. If only Sandman or Off-it would come rescue me...Alas