1.    #1  
    Ok, I am very new to this + Cellphones in General so dont flip on me these questions are very simple.

I noticed that in the sound Preferences for the phone, I am able to add user tones. Such as

KNOWN CALLER TONE
    UNKNOWN CALLER TONE
    ETC
    ETc

I am assuming that the Unknown Caller is a person that is not in a user's contact list, Correct?

Ok, I was looking for a Silent Tone, I noticed that a silent tone is not built in, but thru research I found a MIDI that is Silent.

Now, Lets say I answer the phone, and I am talking, then an unknown user calls, will I get any kind of Sound alert, or will it be "SILENT" and the caller get sent straight to VM?

SECOND Question:

Is there some type of APP or way to set the unknown callers to go straight to VM? Or SOME TYPE OF AUTO IGNORE feature where an unknown caller would go straight to VM, since I will put unknown calls tone to Silent, I know it will still pop up on my screent sayin, "I got an incoming call, etc, etc.

There must be some type of way to set auto Ignore for unknown callers, or some type of app.

Fellas, I really need info on this, I've been killing myself doing research on this all night and day

Or is the T600 too limited to perform such a task.

Thanks a bunch in advance
    I too have mine set up to silent for a unknown caller. You didn't say what carrier you are using, but with Sprint, there is no way to go directly to Voicemail without first ringing the phone (at least if it's silent you won't hear it). You can hit one of the volume buttons during the 'ringing' (silent or not) and I believe it will then go straight to voice mail.

I also have a ringtone called pager that I sometimes use for unknown calls (it just makes one beep and then is silent).
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    I too have mine set up to silent for a unknown caller. You didn't say what carrier you are using, but with Sprint, there is no way to go directly to Voicemail without first ringing the phone (at least if it's silent you won't hear it). You can hit one of the volume buttons during the 'ringing' (silent or not) and I believe it will then go straight to voice mail.

I also have a ringtone called pager that I sometimes use for unknown calls (it just makes one beep and then is silent).
    I will be using T-mobil. So do you still see the aleart on screen? the ignore, etc, etc. Do you not see it? how about when u are on another call and an anknown caller calls, Do you hear any type of alerts?
    If you are using the GSM version, go to the main phone screen. Then hit menu & choose options->Call Preferences. There you have all your call-forwarding options. There is no feature there to forward all unknown callers to VM. You can also turn on/off call waiting from this screen.
    Maybe someone has written an application to do this, but I don't know of any.
    Known Caller Tone - for an incoming call from someone in your Contacts or
    Favorites.

Unknown Caller Tone - for an incoming call from someone identified by Caller ID
    who is not in your Contacts or Favorites.