Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How odd that people have such different experiences.

After quite some consideration, I ordered the Boxwave screen protectors and a set of Egrips. Both went on with no difficulty whatsoever and I feel that these two products are the best 'accessory upgrade' I have made yet.

Also, I have tried several cases. I had ordered the Proclips but was reluctant to use it much since I ride a motorcycle most of the time. I have been using it lately and it is excellent. very solid, keeps the Treo close to you. I have had no difficulty "unclipping" it from the holster. I also use the padded "pouch" case sold on Treocentral when the weather is damp or a bit rainy, for extra protection. (not with the proclip, of course).

Just offering my $.02
    I think with me it was more of a thing where I had to have it absolutely perfect. I spent a lot of time making sure there was no lint of fingerprints on my screen before I put it on, but then when I put it on I noticed some little specs underneath. On one of them I noticed a finger print. I guess that's being pretty anal, but that's how I am about the screen. I think it would be really awesome if in the ACE PALM developed a sliding plastic that you could pull top down over the screen to protect it when its in your pocket. There would have to be some clever engineering, but I think it could be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Merlin
    Iíve found the following application method to be very reliable ...
    I too ruined my first one but in the process learned to apply them much the same as Blue Merlin. Thank goodness I ordered the 3-pack! I did hold the top edge when I put it on, but I don't notice any fingerprints at the top edge of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I ordered the Boxwave screen protectors and a set of Egrips ... I feel that these two products are the best 'accessory upgrade' I have made yet.
    I second that conclusion! My third best 'accessory upgrade' is the Covertec horizontal case, but finding the right case is much more a personal choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon20910
    I second that conclusion! My third best 'accessory upgrade' is the Covertec horizontal case, but finding the right case is much more a personal choice.
    I like the look of that case, but is the Treo such a tight fit that you can't have any other protection on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahad
    I like the look of that case, but is the Treo such a tight fit that you can't have any other protection on it?
    By pushing in the sides and bottom of the Covertec case (breaking them in as you would a new baseball glove), the fit is great. I did purchase an app named TreoGuard that prevents accidental answering of the phone due to the case's snugness.

With eGrips (wrapback), t600 doesn't slide out of the case as easily as it does without, but its something I've gotten used to -- a compromise I've made to get the surehandedness of the eGrips.

The combination of these three accessories give me much peace of mind re: protection of this invaluable tool.
    Let me get this right...the single pack that cost $12.95 from Boxwave only has one application (1 piece of plastic) in it?
    So if I make a mistake or bend it at first try it's over...done...$12.95 out the window?

That is ridiculous..my boyfriend bought a pack of screen protectors for his Pocket PC for less than $10.00 and the pack brought 25 pieces in them!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Let me get this right...the single pack that cost $12.95 from Boxwave only has one application (1 piece of plastic) in it?
    So if I make a mistake or bend it at first try it's over...done...$12.95 out the window?

That is ridiculous..my boyfriend bought a pack of screen protectors for his Pocket PC for less than $10.00 and the pack brought 25 pieces in them!
    The 25 screen protectors your boyfriend got must be very cheap and thin plastic sheets with no anti-glare. Boxwave protectors are more rigid, easy to install and remove (if one has any patience and basic skills using there hands) and work wonderfully.
    I was just informed so by BoxWave.
    I am convinced on trying it...I will try my best to set it up right..
    Will post my outcome
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    I had the same experience. I ordered the 3 pack and all three were ruined in trying to get them on with no finger prints or dust under the screen. Waste of money.
    I had good luck keeping lint off of the screen protector by setting it sticky side down on clear packing tape until I got my Treo screen clear. By doing that, the screen protector lint is picked up by the tape (it doesn't stick to the tape). Getting it on the Treo screen to my satisfaction was another story altogether... but you can clean up dirty screen protectors well with packing tape.
    I ordered the 3-pack from Boxwave after reading here.

I too, burned the first by getting it stuck and being unable to remove it.

The second one went on perfectly, no bubbles, and nicely fit.

I've never worn through a screen protector (I'm very light on the stylus), so I don't anticipate having to change this too soon, but I'll post reviews of it later on.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    i had martin fields before i went to boxwave cleartouch...and welll man...i love the cleartouch so much more

but dang man, im sorry to hear aboot dis
    I used my old G2 screen protector from my Kyocrea 6035.

I trimmed it down so it can slide under all 4 edges and it works great. I would bet it'll surpass any of the sticky applied screen protectors for protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    After reading numerous positive and at times even quixotically reverent and "hushed" reviews of Boxwave ClearTouch screen protectors, I finally decided against my better judgement to order the $15 piece of plastic. Boy do I regret it! Not only is it overpriced, it is extremely fragile. Following the directions carefully, I cleaned my Treo in a dust free area and aligned the cleartouch carefully as possible to the screen. Unfortnately, my first attempt was not as positive as I would like b/c there was too much space between the screen protector and the bottom edge of the screen for my liking. So I decided to remove the Cleartouch and ty again. Now removing the freaking thing is an absolute PITA. I used the edge of a credit card to gently nudge the edge of the Cleartouch off the screen. This was an extremely frustrating experience and basically took me forever to get the thing off. Once I finally did, the Clieartouch obviously had numerous fingerprints all over it. So I gently rinsed the screen protector under warm water as suggested and let the plastic film dry under air. After patiently waiting for the Cleartouch to dry I attempted my second application. This time I adjusted the protector more centered and even. I again followed the instructions and used a credit card to press out the bubbles underneath the plastic, but to no avail the bubbles would NOT go away! Why? Well it just so happened that the edge I used to remove the Cleartouch is permanantly warped now and the bubbles refuse to go away, destroying the entire aesthetic of a damned $15 screen protector! ARHHH! What a waste of time, energy, and money for such a lousy result. Now I'm no clutz and tried as delicately as possible to handle the Cleartouch...but if you can't even remove it once without warping the stupid thing, then I can't see how the average user out there can get much milage out of this product. Basically, I feel like I totally wasted my money for a lousy piece of plastic for which I could have gotten a similar result with something far less expensive. All I can say is that I will never pay that much for a stupid screen protector ever again, and will definitely not buy a Cleartouch again...

did you read the instructions that came with it on how to remove the protector? it clearly says to use scotch tape. i remove the thing at will all the time using scotch tape and replace it with no issues whatsoever. for best results, get an air can spray to clear the dust before placing it on though. u can use the air can spray to dry it too. scotch tape method works perfectly - you just have to know how to do it or have someone show you how to do it
    Hi all!
    I got the ClearTouch Crystal today (big misunderstanding...was sitting in Miami's cargo bldg for nearly a week before I call my boyfriend and asked him what's up).
    Anyways, it's here and I tried it...
    No problems! I had the plastic that the Treo comes with still on as I was waiting for the ClearTouch. I remove the plastic and the screen was super clean (except for the edges which were exposed). I cleaned the edges and applied the CT. It went smoothly though one edge was showing more than the other so i removed it (I simply nodge the edge with a needle and lifted...nothing happen to the corner...you need to make sure that the needle point doesn't touch the screen.) then I tried again.
    This time it went just fine. (Still a bit of the edge shows as it is not an exact fit but hey...I guess it has to be that way to enable taking it off.
    It looks nice....clear...I like it and thank God I ordered the pack of 3...So I don't have to worry about ordering more for a while
    Last edited by JoJo_78; 08/19/2004 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i had martin fields before i went to boxwave cleartouch...and welll man...i love the cleartouch so much more

but dang man, im sorry to hear aboot dis
    I much prefer the Martin Fields to the cleartouch...guess its a personal preference thing. The Martin Fields are easly to clean, easy to remove, yet stay in place when you put them on.

The G2's are nice as well.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Hi all!
    I got the ClearTouch Crystal today (big misunderstanding...was sitting in Miami's cargo bldg for nearly a week before I call my boyfriend and asked him what's up).
    Anyways, it's here and I tried it...
    No problems! I had the plastic that the Treo comes with still on as I was waiting for the ClearTouch. I remove the plastic and the screen was super clean (except for the edges which were exposed). I cleaned the edges and applied the CT. It went smoothly though one edge was showing more than the other so i removed it (I simply nodge the edge with a needle and lifted...nothing happen to the corner...you need to make sure that the needle point doesn't touch the screen.) then I tried again.
    This time it went just fine. (Still a bit of the edge shows as it is not an exact fit but hey...I guess it has to be that way to enable taking it off.
    It looks nice....clear...I like it and thank God I ordered the pack of 3...So I don't have to worry about ordering more for a while
    you used a NEEDLE? ugh. why not just use the scotch tape method? so much easier and you don't risk permanently damaging your lcd screen. probably 9/10 times u use the needle, you wouldn't pierce the screen but that one piercing will do the trick.
    Hi all!
    ClearTouch Crystal? Must be new...I'll have to check it out because I like the Boxwave protectors except for the warping of the edges when reapplying (gfunk, I feel your pain).

Boyfriend...Dang ! You're a cutie...
    Rossoneri:
    It takes a woman's touch...I am very capable with a needle
    Besides...I didn't have any scotch tape so I had to improvise

Predator-1:
    Thank you
    Yes, they are new and they are great.
    You should try them...they are so clear, it's like it's not even there.
    Only thing is, I use my Treo a lot outside. Glare can sometimes be a problem. I would amagine the ClearTouch Crystals wouldn't cut down on the glare like the normal ClearTouch. Still I would like to try them out since the ClearTouch I have on my Treo now is so scratched up. Thx
    Nope...no glare protection.
    I personally do not like the glare protection as I'm always aware that there is something on my screen or feel as though it needs cleaning.

It's a matter of preference
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast