Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I know someone that works at a cell store and the owner said he can get me a discount on these if I can get a big enough order together. He said they go for 165-175 retail and he could sell them for like 125. anyone interested?
  2. #2  
    We would want to know what model etc.. they are

    ..... and of course the bigger issue... bluetooth does not work with our treo's yet

    -David
  3.    #3  
    oops, my bad! He told me it was "universal". All I know is it is made by jabra and it is cordless. I will find out what the model is.
  4. #4  
    save yourself $100 and get a lighter better product the unleash headset (it uses magnetic technology not blue tooth).

    It is lighter and smaller than the jabra and charges via a battery charging case that protects the unit.

    I just got it a few days ago, it blows my brother-in-law's jabra away.

    you can check it out at: www.reasonproducts.com/unleash

    (no co. affliation just a happy user)
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
  5. #5  
    Yeah but you have to charge it! Ugghhhh
    Scott T DeBlaze
  6. #6  
    Since the Treo doesn't have BT, I know this is now off-topic. But are there other bluetooth headset makers besides Jabra? Jabra seesm to be the one I see nearly all the time....
  7. #7  
    Plantronics has a bluetooth headset for non bluetooth phones.

    http://www.plantronics.com/media/med.../m1500_eng.pdf

    I don't see it on their web site anymore, it may have been discontinued but the Jabra is better in my opinion.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by pbryon
    Since the Treo doesn't have BT, I know this is now off-topic. But are there other bluetooth headset makers besides Jabra? Jabra seesm to be the one I see nearly all the time....
    I've been using the one from GoldLantern. Kinda quirky, but once you figure out how to answer and end calls, it works great. The base (attaches to the phone) has about a 4 hour talk time, and the headset has about 10 hour talk time. I typically use it when I'm in my car, and charge at night. Works well, good sound quality. And, you can answer and hang up from the headset.

    Check out http://www.goldlantern.com/blheforphwi2.html to order direct from them, or Fry's has a $30 rebate, or Buy.com has a $60 rebate (brings price down to $79.99). Buy.com is http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...&loc=111&sp=1.
  9. #9  
    Why would we want this headset? It can only charge in the car or house plug.

    The unleash charges in a hard protective case with 4 AA batteries. So you can charge it anywhere not restricted to the house or car.

    www.reasonproducts.com/unleash

    Unleash, cheaper and better protected, and charges ANYWHERE with AA batteries.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    Why would we want this headset? It can only charge in the car or house plug.

    The unleash charges in a hard protective case with 4 AA batteries. So you can charge it anywhere not restricted to the house or car.

    www.reasonproducts.com/unleash

    Unleash, cheaper and better protected, and charges ANYWHERE with AA batteries.
    Hate to argue with you, but if I'm in my car, and the AA batteries run out, I'd really rather not pull over and get some more batteries. Being able to charge from either the car or at home works fine for me. To each his own! That's why they make multiple products with different features for different people.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by sbcrair


    Hate to argue with you, but if I'm in my car, and the AA batteries run out, I'd really rather not pull over and get some more batteries. Being able to charge from either the car or at home works fine for me. To each his own! That's why they make multiple products with different features for different people.

    Absolutely!

    While the hardshell case is nice, it wouldn't get used in the car (looks too klunky to be useful while driving) and too bulky to carry around in my back pocket. I bought the T600 to get away from having to carry too much bulk.

    I spend hours a day in the car. Car charger is a must. Otherwise, I'm at home, and it can charge at my desk. I'm never looking for a power socket, and batteries cost too much.

    But the technology looks really nifty and if they could come up with a car or A/C charger solution, i'd probably be a buyer.
  12. #12  
    Can you listen to audio (MP3, etc.) with the unleash product?

    Has anyone found a combination headset that allows both telephone usage and MP3 listening - that actually works well?
  13. #13  
    I guess I'm just not this particular. I've got my Freespeak, and I like it. Now, when a bt sd card is available I just hope I'll be able to use the answer/end function. That is really my only gripe. As for the Unleash product...what a waste of money. It worked fine at first, but then came the big test...my car! Horrible static everytime I tried to use it. It got even worse if my XM was on, and quite frankly there is no headset on the planet I'd give up that for!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I guess I'm just not this particular. I've got my Freespeak, and I like it. Now, when a bt sd card is available I just hope I'll be able to use the answer/end function. That is really my only gripe. As for the Unleash product...what a waste of money. It worked fine at first, but then came the big test...my car! Horrible static everytime I tried to use it. It got even worse if my XM was on, and quite frankly there is no headset on the planet I'd give up that for!
    Good Info on the unleash, thanks. Now, I don't need to bother testing it.

    What do you do with the jabra receiver? does it clip to your belt? What about in the car, what do you do with it then?

    It would seem to be a bit inconvenient to have this thing hanging out of the bottom of the phone...

    -Matthew
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

    USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
  15. Jeb
    Jeb is offline
    Jeb's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #15  
    So far, I think that this is a great product. Have not had it that long, however, and will post again if I have anything negative to say.
  16. #16  
    The base clips on my belt but I usually just clip it to my pants pocket. This makes it very quick to remove when I get in the car. Speaking of in the car, I have a small holder on my dash that is available at Radioshack. The nub on the back of my case slides into this and the phone hangs there. The base of my Freespeak has enough slack that I just clip it to my keyring hanging from the ignition. This keeps it out of the way, keeps the base from just hanging and putting BAD pressure on the cord and jack, AND keeps me from thinking that the police have finally found me because of the flashing blue light. Instead I just keep thinking my crotch has been irradiated.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  17. willp2's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #17  
    Originally posted by dan600
    Can you listen to audio (MP3, etc.) with the unleash product?
    If you hold down the answer button, music will play into the unleash. I put a rubber band around it to hold the button down. Definetly not pretty, but it works.

    Quality is pretty crappy. I suppose like AM radio or something like that, but if you've got nothing else it'll do.
  18. #18  
    Sorry to interrupt guys
    Check this out for headsests it looks pretty good -
    Ps I have not tried it and No affiliations

    www.Bluetrek.com

    see the G2 and the BT Dongle
  19. #19  
    I have a BT200. However, since Treo 600 is not Bluetooth enabled, I was contemplating buying a multi-jack for the same. Does anyone have any experience of using the same to help me with my decision? Thanks in advance.

Posting Permissions