Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Has anyone used Trip Pilot with a Treo 600 (I am trying it on a GSM version). It seems to run fine, except it screws up the display making everying HUGE. If even has this effect after I quit the program. I need to do a soft reset to get things back to normal. It is as if it is trying to display at 320x320 not 160x160.

Thanks,
    David
    Are you still having this problem? I was about to try it out and figured I'd save myself the trouble!
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Still having the problem...I sent a note to their tech support - got a note back that they were looking into it back in December, still no solution.

-d
    Originally posted by dbregman
    Still having the problem...I sent a note to their tech support - got a note back that they were looking into it back in December, still no solution.

-d
    Yes. They are aware of it. E-mail their tech support and ask them for version 1.5b, which works with the Treo 600. I was sent an e-mail with the direct link to it but I can't find it now. This version worked fine for me.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Tech support told me to download the version from their standard download page, saying this is the 5.5c version that incorporates the changes that cash70 mentioned.

This looks like a nice product for somebody like me who only wants to use GPS occasionally. Has anybody tried this with a GPS mouse?
    Originally posted by Mol
    Tech support told me to download the version from their standard download page, saying this is the 5.5c version that incorporates the changes that cash70 mentioned.
    Yes. That is the one. Thanks "Mol"!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by Mol

This looks like a nice product for somebody like me who only wants to use GPS occasionally. Has anybody tried this with a GPS mouse? [/B]
    I haven't tried it with my Treo 600 yet. It worked great on my vacations with my Treo 300 with a GPS meant for a PC.

However there are two problems that kept it from being perfect for me. One it only works for one year, then you have to re-subscribe. This makes sense I suppose as you are using their servers to plot your trip. And second I was unable to transfer the information to another device. I would have preferred to download the trip on my Treo then use my Prism to display and track.
    I'm quite happy with TripPilot after doing some tests with it today. Really looks like an inexpensive solution that will suit my needs. I'm not going to use it daily and I like the idea of downloading the instructions without having to cut maps on my PC first and synching them after with the Treo. Also a plus that it should work in most countries in Europe.

The beta version hasn't fixed all the display problems. It's sometimes taking ages to open the app and the screen repaint is not bug free. I'm going to email the tech support about this and will also ask them if they know of any GPS mice that have been tested with their app and the Treo 600.