Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    based on a suggestion from a problem thread i was having i download treo helper and ordered voice command from sprint.

the suggestion was that treo helper could be set to dial a number by pressing the button on the hands free set.

therefore all i would need to do would be hold down the button on the hands free and phone would dial * and voice command prompt would come up.

this doesnt happen..i hold down button..nothing happens.
    can anyone else confirm that this works and if so..with what phone?

off topic....
    incidentally, the Sprint Tier 2 tech had an argument for 10 minutes with me that you need server support and massive processing power for voice recognition and matching that to a typed phone book entry and that theres no way that a sprint a600 could ever run that application without a server support system like voice command. he said i must have had voice command and not known about it with my samsung a600.

i argued with him until he put me on hold without even warning me..for like 20 minutes..then he came back and just went into the problem we were discussing...guess he found out i was right!
    I fixed that in a later version of TreoHelper, in the work directory.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/

treohelper-0_60 should do the auto-dial with the 600.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    you are the man! thanks!

anyone else searcing for the perfect hands free setup for this phone click here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44976/s.html
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    u know what there is one more issue with this that i just realized now.

if the phone is in my pocket then key guard is on and its in my case that is the ideal time to use this method of answering..howerver..the button press seems to only work at presetn if the screen is on. hopefully there is a way to bypass this? otherwise it cant be used while in my pocket without me reaching in and finding th power key first...

does treo helper do something for this ?