1.    #1  
    Can anyone using a Cingular version of the unlocked Treo 600 upload their ROM? Would installing this ROM help unlock my Treo 600? Any Palm OS Gurus who can comment on this?

Cheers...
    I have read 3 locked roms is somebody need.......
  3.    #3  
    Hey, I need an unlocked ROM. If I transfer this across, would it leave me with an unlocked phone??
    Originally posted by atari
    w3 h4v3 H@<K3d R0mz 2. 3m@!L m3 4 pRpRpR!&$lt$;$3$.
    Great!!!
    where was you all this time....
    Any extra info?
    Originally posted by atari
    Here is a dumb question from a newbie, what is the purpose of a unlocked phone? how can you tell if your phone is unlocked or locked?
    @darwinbrewer
    If you have any experience in unlocking mob phones you shod know what I was telling about, but you dont......
    darwinbrewer:

typically, when you buy a phone through a carrier (and you have to do so to enjoy 'discounted' prices), the phone only works with that carrier.

For instance: a Treo bought through AT&T (GSM) will only work using AT&T as carrier, and not using T-mobile, Verizon or Cingular (also all of these companies use basically the same GSM phone) because the phone is locked.

Unlocking the phone allows you to overcome the limitation and switch carrier.

D.
    Dominique
  9.    #9  
    Hey,

6 messages and no ROMS Is anyone gonna help me out with this one....also need expertise to install the new ROM...

Cheers,
    Vishal
    The ROMS won't help you when it comes to the unlocking of the phone, you need the unlock code as discussed in various other threads. Here in the UK I've had other phones unlocked for about 10 pounds (15 USD) , currently someone wants 149 USD to do this.. this is likely to go down rapidly as others find out how to generate the unlock codes...

For more on updating the rom with a newer version see here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...e&pagenumber=6

Originally posted by vish0402
    Hey,

6 messages and no ROMS Is anyone gonna help me out with this one....also need expertise to install the new ROM...

Cheers,
    Vishal
    Hey,

Cheers,
    Vishal

w3 h4v3 H@<K3d R0mz 2. 3m@!L m3 4 pRpRpR!&$lt$;$3$. $s3nd$ &$lt$;$r3d$!$7$ &$lt$;@$rD$ # $2$ $m3$ $4$ $tH3$ $r0mZ$. $W3$ !$ns7$@$lL$ $4$ $fR33$.

And Verizon is CDMA - not GSM.
    @ The Chupacabra

can you make, for gsm too?
  13.    #13  
    Hi All,

Would the Treo 600 ROM bundled with the Treo 600 Emulator software work on Treo devices? That is if I upload this ROM to my Treo device??

Please let me know...am just thinking of ideas to get an unlocked phone asap.

Cheers,
    Vishal
    vishal@talrejas.com
    Hmm, seems there's some communication problems here:

As per earlier message: The ROM has nothing, repeat nothing!!! to do with the locking of the phone. You need the code that unlocks it. Usually this is obtainable for 3rd parties who have cracked the code system, you pay a fee to them (20-30 dollars or so) and that's it. The only other way is to get the code from the telecoms company, usually by paying off your entire contract.

I flashed my ROM (just to upgrade to a somewhat better GPRS connection) and it's still locked.

Arild

Hi All,

Would the Treo 600 ROM bundled with the Treo 600 Emulator software work on Treo devices? That is if I upload this ROM to my Treo device??

Please let me know...am just thinking of ideas to get an unlocked phone asap.

Cheers,
    Vishal
    vishal@talrejas.com
    All we need whith locked phones are one of this things:

- prg. to read code(code is in flash, it can help if somebody buy code and search in treo memory for address where code is)
    ....good guy whit spare time

- phone.prc pached which now not asking for code,no need to flash phone it can be used from ram
    ......good hacker whit spare time

- prg. whit brutal force method looks for code
    ......good programer whit spare time
    What about the ESN? If you replace your ROM with someone elses, won't you also be using that other persons ESN?

(Yes, I realize that the origional post was regarding Cingular and not Sprint)
    I have the world in my Palm
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

w3 h4v3 H@<K3d R0mz 2. 3m@!L m3 4 pRpRpR!&$lt$;$3$. $s3nd$ &$lt$;$r3d$!$7$ &$lt$;@$rD$ # $2$ $m3$ $4$ $tH3$ $r0mZ$. $W3$ !$ns7$@$lL$ $4$ $fR33$.

And Verizon is CDMA - not GSM.
    what is all this gibberish?
    Originally posted by dimensiondvdrob

what is all this gibberish?
    some is trying to be cool in saying "we have hacked roms. 2. email me for price. 3. send credit card number to me for the roms. we install for free."
    Originally posted by mrfred8

some is trying to be cool in saying "we have hacked roms. 2. email me for price. 3. send credit card number to me for the roms. we install for free."
    Perhaps nobody realizes that the "h4x0r" poster is posting in jest. ph34r m3!