1.    #1  
    1. Can I download .prc files and install them right from the Treo600 without a computer?

2. How do I download any type of file directly to the SDcard from the web without a computer?

Thanks!!!
    1 - Yes.

2 - I don't know, never had to do that one before.
  3.    #3  
    so which program do i use to install the .prc's from the web to the phone without my computer?
    I never used ithis my self, but I believe if you use blazer and click on a prc it will ask you to download it and then it will ask you to install it. This is how it works with midi files.

If I send an email (I use snapper), I can install the app with out a problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by IHATECOMPUTERS

2. How do I download any type of file directly to the SDcard from the web without a computer?
    There's a program out there called ReceiveIt, that allows you to save programs that aren't supported by the device.
  6.    #6  
    AHH..found it. MEDIAMANAGER is the answer here boys and girls. You just type in the extention of the file you want to download, go to blazer, click on a link to the file you want to download, and VOILA. Thanks for your help everyone
    Last edited by IHATECOMPUTERS; 12/24/2003 at 02:57 PM.
    so which program do i use to install the .prc's from the web to the phone without my computer?
    Felipe's response is correct in regards to PRCs.
    There are lots of answer - just my opinion - it is a great way to install and do updates. I use it almost every day. Ben

---------------

1. Can I download .prc files and install them right from the Treo600 without a computer?

Thanks!!!
    You can download prc's directly from Blazer (as an example, the Chatter downloads are available on a Blazer-optimized page on the www.imchatter.com website).

Marc
    What exactly is MediaManager? Do you have a link to where it's available? Thanks.
    Media Manager does three things.

1. assign file extension for Hotsync. you can tell hotsync where to save non palm files on the card. eg: .txt, .doc, .zip etc...

2. assign file extension for IR receiving. when someone beams you a non palm file such as .exe, .doc your palm can't receive the format. with media manager you can set the file on the card where the file is to be saved. very handy.

3. assign default application for file extensions. On the new palms such as Tungsten there is a default viewer for .jpg. with media manager you can assign any application that is registered to handle file extension as the new default app.

here is the link www.toysoft.ca