1.    #1  
    I have a few simple questions regarding my new Treo.

1)How can I password protect the phone/pda when it is activated?
    2) Where can I find a replacement freeware browser that lays out the webpages beter then blazer?
    3) Where can I find a freeware file browser? I need to know where all the attachments and file downloads are going to.
    4) Where can I find a freeware chess game?
    5) Where can I find a freeware spell checker for all my applications.
    I'm sure all these question could be answere by searching in this forum.

1. there is a security app included in your treo. look in the system tab for security. There are several paid program that are said to be a better job like teal lock.

2. don't know of a free one.

3. filez is the best free file manager. not that there is any real file management on the palm.

4. ?

5. ?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by question
    Ibrowser that lays out the webpages beter then blazer?
    3) Where can I find a freeware file browser? I need to know where all the attachments and file downloads are going to.
    5) Where can I find a freeware spell checker for all my applications.

for freeware, freeware, freeware go to:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    on a site like that just make sure you only sync ONE app with your phone at a time.... soft reset the phone with the reset pin

dont know if you are a palm noob or a treo600 noob but i was both a few days ago and was installing like 5 apps at a time and then later that day when the phone needed a reset for one reason or another i ended up in a nice crash and reboot loop.

seek out the app BackUpMan so u can back up all yer stuff to SD card. that is invaluable to me and makes me feel secure in using this as my primary.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by wahili
    on a site like that just make sure you only sync ONE app with your phone at a time.... soft reset the phone with the reset pin

dont know if you are a palm noob or a treo600 noob but i was both a few days ago and was installing like 5 apps at a time and then later that day when the phone needed a reset for one reason or another i ended up in a nice crash and reboot loop.

seek out the app BackUpMan so u can back up all yer stuff to SD card. that is invaluable to me and makes me feel secure in using this as my primary.
    -dont know if you are a palm noob or a treo600 noob but
    Little bit of both.

-a few days ago and was installing like 5 apps at a time and then later that day when the phone needed a reset for one reason or another i ended up in a nice crash and reboot loop.
    I learned that out the hard way last night.

-seek out the app BackUpMan so u can back up all yer stuff to SD card. that is invaluable to me and makes me feel secure in using this as my primary
    Just did.

Thanks for the input.
    Originally posted by question
    5) Where can I find a freeware spell checker for all my applications. [/B]
    4) HandChess

5) try Spell5

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Actully I am not looking for a phone lock or anything, but rather an anti-virus. I download attachments and any of those attachments could be viruses.

Anyone know of an anti virus for palm?
    symantec makes a anti virus, but you dont need it.

i remember only one virus that was made for palm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.