1.    #1  
    In another thread it was mentioned that Iambic may have cooked the reviews over at Palmgear regarding their Agendus product.

That coupled with my displeasure over Iambic's arrogance regarding third-party email clients prompted to post my review of Agendus v7.02. Keep in mind that I used ActionNames v4.5 for over 2 years and loved it.

Well I just sent the following email to Palmgear.

Iambic cooking the reviews?

Agendus For PalmOS Standard v7.0 came out with lackluster Treo 600 support. There were no reviews after 11-15-03 until [name deleted] one review on 12-18-03.

[That review] gave Agendus 2 stars.

Immediately there were 5 5-star reviews on the SAME DAY!!! Look at the posting history. This by itself is curious. 5 reviews was just enough to bump [name deleted] to the second page.

On 12-22-03 I submitted a review of Agendus v7.02 giving it 2 stars. I now see another 5-star review.

Take a look at the latest review by "Heather Franks" and the 12-18 review by "Michael Heller".

Michael Heller on 12-18
    ----
    Originally I was attracted to Agendus because I wanted better icon support on my schedule. This program is worth so much more though! It completely surpasses the functions of the built-in calendar and address book on my Tungsten. There is some "uniqueness" to get used to, but it is still a very, very necessary program.
    -----

And now the 12-23 review by Heather Franks
    -----
    I admit that I was originally attracted to Agendus because I wanted the Today view wallpaper, and I wanted better icon support on my schedule. This program is worth so much more though! It completely surpasses the functions of the built-in calendar and address book on my Tungsten. There is some "uniqueness" to get used to, but it is still a very, very necessary program.
    -----

In college this would classify as plagerism.

This is just more evidence that Iambic is a morally bankrupt company.
    I would like to amend what I said, I used to be a ActionNames/Agendus user.
    What is your point?

If you no longer use Agendus, as you state elsewhere, why does it bother you that other people like it and use it?

Like all other Palm software, Agendus comes in a free trial version. If someone relied on those recommendations of which you complain, tried the software and didn't like it, no one is going to put a gun to their head to force them to buy it.

There are all sorts of silly, useless and unreliable comments, both pro and con, posted on these "reviews" at PalmGear and elsewhere, by both cranks and gushers. Even if someone were to take them seriously, it only results in downloading a free demo, so that they can judge for themselves.

If I was considering Agendus for the first time, I wouldn't rely on their opinion, and I wouldn't rely on yours. I'd try it out.

And if I and others ended up liking and using it, I would sure like to know why that bothers you?

I have absolutely no connection with the company, except as a user.
    Originally posted by NateS
    What is your point?

If you no longer use Agendus, as you state elsewhere, why does it bother you that other people like it and use it?

Like all other Palm software, Agendus comes in a free trial version. If someone relied on those recommendations of which you complain, tried the software and didn't like it, no one is going to put a gun to their head to force them to buy it.

There are all sorts of silly, useless and unreliable comments, both pro and con, posted on these "reviews" at PalmGear and elsewhere, by both cranks and gushers. Even if someone were to take them seriously, it only results in downloading a free demo, so that they can judge for themselves.

If I was considering Agendus for the first time, I wouldn't rely on their opinion, and I wouldn't rely on yours. I'd try it out.

And if I and others ended up liking and using it, I would sure like to know why that bothers you?

I have absolutely no connection with the company, except as a user.
    Well, this is a forum where people exhange ideas and opinions. It seems like he is posting some information that may interest people on this board.
    I tend to agree more with NateS. This software is available to everyone to try out. If someone IS misled by the reviews they *still* have a chance to try it out...if they don't like it...nothing lost!!!

I have used DateBk5 for 4 years. Since purchasing the Treo I now use Agendus. Not because of the reviews, but because I just like it better all the way around.
    Mike
    it's useful info. that I am interested in. the reason that ratings are used on websites like amazon, ebay and palmgear is that they provide useful info. for example I never bother to look at products rated 2 stars or below. If the ratings are skewed then I obviously want to know about it. In the end, i of course try out software before I plop my money down (and i hope that;s what everybody else is doing). The ratings are there to help me choose the 2~5 say datebook managers to try from a pool of almost a hundred. so such info is useful -- at least to some people.

Also, knowing whether a business is conducted morally also somewhat affects my purchasing decision. if iambic really did try to skew their product's rating, I actually wouldn't care less. However, if let's say iambic uses child labor to package their product (this is obviously not true and is just strictly an example), then I won't buy their products.
    I personally don't rely on the short user blurb/reviews on palmgear anyway. I'ld much rather try itout and make my own opinion or rely on published reviews from established websites. However, it wouldn't suprise me if some companies purposefully tried to cook up the user reviews to attarct customers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions