1.    #1  
    I've noticed my Treo turning on more than usual for no apparent reason lately. It's gotten so bad (every couple minutes) that my battery starts to die after a couple hours; the battery used to last pretty much all day with normal use.

I have SnapperMail, Business Connection and SMS but none are set to autocycle very frequently. SnapperMail is every couple hours, BC is push enabled but it shouldn't synch without a trigger, and I rarely get SMS.

Do you think it's something installed on the device or something going on with Sprint? Nothing has changed on the device, so I'm thinking it's Sprint. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Happens to me all of the time.

In my case the primary suspect is my Targus keyboard and VISTO. For some reason when that thing is active, and treomail was active my treo would just turn on over and over and over. I could turn it off and it would pop back on.

Others have said that making calendar items floating events instead of appoinments causes problems.

I'm assuming there is some sort of conflict with all of the applications (calendar, mail, etc) and the 'wakeup' feature.

Now that I'm using Seven it doesn't seem to happen as much.
    Are you sure it's not business connect running a sync in the background? When you go to BC are there new messages?
    Just figured out this problem over the weekend. I have seven of these things I support. Was getting ready to replace batteries on almost all of them. The loss of battery life seems to correspond with the extra time the treo spends on which started when we upgraded the Business Connection Software during the forced update back in October.I have removed the BC software from one of them last night and so far it does not seem to be running except when I turn it on. I'll follow up latter after the experiment has had more time.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Don't dismiss some sort of software conflict. The BC software should only be updating periodically. Perhaps you should go into the prefernces and configure for a timed sync.

In my case it truly was/is some conflict with the Targus keyboard, because when I don't have the keyboard driver on the synchs happen like clickwork every 15 minutes. When the keyboard was on the device will just not stay off (on occasion). As soon as I disable the keyborad the problem goes away.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by socomon
    Are you sure it's not business connect running a sync in the background? When you go to BC are there new messages?
    No, there are no new messages. I guess I should uninstall BC and see what happens; chances are it is the culprit. But I shouldn't have to do this. I have had BC and this device since August of 2002 (with very few changes in third-party software) and if anything, it's gotten more unstable over time! I cringe every time they force an upgrade.

Completely unacceptable. This isn't freeware. Does Sprint/Seven have a QA department?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts