1.    #1  
    I tried mmplayer & it constantly crashed. I bought Kinoma & have nothing but good experiences with it. To those of you who have run BOTH successfully, can you please provide a comparison of the two, which you like better, & why? Thanks!
    The one major disadvantage of Kinoma is that the converted files are HUGE compared to comprable mpg or divx files. This can be a big negative with limited card storage...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The newer versions of mmplayer are much more stable; the issue with hardkey buttons crashing it have been fixed. I find it a very good app, and given the file sizes it doesn't seem to be much of a contest to me.
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    I tried mmplayer & it constantly crashed. I bought Kinoma & have nothing but good experiences with it. To those of you who have run BOTH successfully, can you please provide a comparison of the two, which you like better, & why? Thanks!
    Did you have the Treo 600 skin installed? I crashed continuously until I had the right skin.
    Get the treo 600 skin and the latest version of MMPlayer and you will be fine. I've tried both and the fact that MMPlayer can handle files more native to windows media formats is a big plus. No proprietary formats to deal with is another benefit of using MMPlayer. Files can be produced to play on MMPlayer using Open Source packages.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, but what I was looking for was a comparison of the video and sound quality between the two. Space is not an issue for me if it means even the slightest higher quality. Can you please comment on video quality between the two? Thanks!
    With Kinoma you get to set the video/sound quality to the options their converter allows. With MMPlayer you have several conversion tools to choose from and you have a greater range of possible levels of quality to set those videos to. Given the greater flexibility because of the wider ranges of conversion tools it would only make sense that you could convert videos that will look better with MMPlayer, depending on the settings you select for your video files.