Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally SprintPCS released its first BT phone yesterday and I received it today.

I bought Treo 300 a year ago because all the other SPCS phones were craps and could not really take the advantage of the Vision network.

This year, I bought the Treo 600 and returned it. What, no Bluetooth, not even an add-on SD card?

Hopelessly, I subscribed to T-Mobile and got the T610. Everything is fine and T610 handles fine all the organizer job, except that there is no t-mobile signal in my office.

Now, this T608 beats Treo 600 as I can use any PDAs I like and I'm not limited by Treo 600's low-res screen etc. It is hassle to carry two devices only if you have to use a connection cable. With BT, separate devices are far more flexible and still convenient. As I mentioned, T610/608 handles organizer jobs very well and it is a truly one-hand operatable device. T9 text input on T610/608 is very well implemented and I don't miss Treo's keyboard.

That said, I'll still buy a Treo when it will have built-in BT, because it is hard to do email and web on T610/608.
    Last edited by Fixup; 12/24/2003 at 08:40 AM.
    Originally posted by Fixup

That said, I'll still buy a Treo when it will have built-in BT.
    So you want a BT phone so you don't have to be stuck with the low screen of the Treo600 but you would still buy the Treo600 if it had BT? Wouldn't you still be stuck with the screen?

Anyway, the one thing I agree with is the wish for BT integrated in the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Yes, as long as it has BT, I dont care about the small screen, because I can use a laptop or a better PDA (like the Nexio) when I need larger screen.
    Finally SprintPCS released its first BT phone yesterday and I received it today.

<snip>

Now, this T608 beats Treo 600 as I can use any PDAs I like and I'm not limited by Treo 600's low-res screen etc. It is hassle to carry two devices only if you have to use a connection cable. With BT, separate devices are far more flexible and still convenient. As I mentioned, T610/608 handles organizer jobs very well and it is a truly one-hand operatable device.
    Please, please, please keep us posted on this thread as to how well this works out for you. I doubt that I am alone in saying that, although the Treo is a great device, it might be worth having a second device on my waist IF it meant having the freedom to choose the best PDA (BT enabled/capable, of course) for its PDA qualities alone while retaining go-anywhere wireless connectivity.

Sprint is really the only game in town for wireless data where I live, but I'd much sooner have a BT/PCS vision solution for wireless anywhere in town, and 802.11b inside the hospital!

<snip>

Now, this T608 beats Treo 600 as I can use any PDAs I like and I'm not limited by Treo 600's low-res screen etc. It is hassle to carry two devices only if you have to use a connection cable. With BT, separate devices are far more flexible and still convenient. As I mentioned, T610/608 handles organizer jobs very well and it is a truly one-hand operatable device.
    Please, please, please keep us posted on this thread as to how well this works out for you. I doubt that I am alone in saying that, although the Treo is a great device, it might be worth having a second device on my waist IF it meant having the freedom to choose the best PDA (BT enabled/capable, of course) for its PDA qualities alone while retaining go-anywhere wireless connectivity.

Sprint is really the only game in town for wireless data where I live, but I'd much sooner have a BT/PCS vision solution for wireless anywhere in town, and 802.11b inside the hospital!
  6.    #6  
    I've been using T610 with T-Mobile for a month and love it. It is just so convenient without any cable. T608 with Sprint is the same, even better speed and coverage. One major reason for me to get Treo 300 was its reception - better than other sprint phones. T608 has even a better reception!!! I mainly use the Nexio S160 super PDA and my laptops for serious work (web, email, remote desktop) and use T610/608 for organizer work (contacts, calendar, tasks and notes). Perfect.

With Treo, I still have to hook it up to my laptop with a cable, very hassle.

If Treo can do all your work, it is so far the best. If you still need a laptop or a larger screen sometime, T610/608 is the way to go. Once Treo has BT, it'll beat T610/608 for its superb keyboard and Palm OS for email and web. As for organizer functions, T610/608 is already as good if not better than Treo, very handy, truly one-hand operatable, still very powerful such as view today, view week, view month.
    What is it exactly that those who have the T608 like about it? I have one (I get a lot of SPCS phones to mess about with), and I find it awkward, the screen is miniscule, and overall the device is not very impressive! Tell me what I'm missing...I really want to know.
    What about a T608 + T3? I'm considering going that way and buying a T608 and T3 and returning my T600...
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    A while ago before I got my Treo 600 I briefly owned a Palm T3 and a T-Mobile t610.

What amazed me about the "2 device solution" is that is WAS workable.

When the 610 synced with the Palm it was cute. It took like 10 seconds, maybe 5 seconds.

The browser on the Palm T3 was very good and the images striking. The images and the sites loaded a little faster than the Treo 600.

Mail also worked. And really, mail and web browsing are separate from the Contacts.

Now looking up a contact and dialing also worked. You'd click on Dial on the Palm and Bluetooth would start and the phone would come alive and dial.

Now that the 608 is available at Sprint I can see myself revisiting the whole two device solution, as the Treo with the hi res looks to be 1 or two years away.

I hate having all that hard to install software with the Low Res option.
    Last edited by mgauss; 12/24/2003 at 01:17 PM.
    As for organizer functions, T610/608 is already as good if not better than Treo, very handy, truly one-hand operatable, still very powerful such as view today, view week, view month.
    Umm.. how do you figure that?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Now, this T608 beats Treo 600 as I can use any PDAs I like and I'm not limited by Treo 600's low-res screen etc.
    What data plan do you have on your T608? The press release I saw said that unlimited data would not be offered with this phone, to prevent laptop users from surfing via BT...
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Where is the T608? Where is Waldo?
    It is not in Sprint's website, store, and when I called their 888 business number they said the T608 is not out yet!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    at UPS right now waiting for my T608 to come out the back. the # to order is something like 800-PCS-AUTO.
  14.    #14  
    The only way to get T608 is to call 1-866-PCS-AUTO.

Check http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com

There are only 10000 unit and no more. The first day 8000 units sold.

I already have unlimited vision for $10. When I got the T608 yesterday, I called sprint and changed my phone from Treo 300 to T608. In few minutes, the new phone is working icluding vision (data). I'm posting this post using iPaq 4350 (the one with a keyboard) via T608.

As for organizer function, T610/608 are indeed palm-alike. For example, you can view calandar in today, week and month modes, just like Palm/Treo. What's better is, they are truly one-hand devices, very handy. Just forget about writing email and browsing web on these phones; that's why I still want a Treo if it has BT. You can see the manual from SE's website for details to convince yourself for the powerful organizer functions. Also, sync to Outlook is VERY convenient and fast via BT. I've transfered evrything from Treo 300 to T610 and T608.

With BT, T610/608 beats Treo as you have much more choices. I have Nexio S160, iPaq 4350, Libretto 100 and CF-M32; they are all great hendhelds and they can all go online with this little baby T610/608 without any cable. Give them a try and you'll know why I, a super geek and an Treo 300 owner, returned Treo 600.

At the time when Treo 300 was out, it was a revolutionary device, but nobody talked about it. Now BT phones with great PDA functions and PDAs with built-in BT and keyboard are widely available, suddenly all the media rev about a device that has no BT at all, not even an addon option. Be wise, people.

Why SE not Nokia? Becuase Nokia phones require long scripts for dialup, whoch most handhels cannot handle. SE phones handle all the dialup details in the phone and they are guranteed to work with any PDAs and laptops. SE phones usually have worse reception though, but this T608 is an exception and its RF is absolutely top notch!

The bottom line, get a T608 if you still can. You can sell it later if you dont like it. But once the 10000 units are all sold out, they are gone. SE decided not to make any more CDMA phone.
  15.    #15  
    double posts, deleted.
    Last edited by Fixup; 12/25/2003 at 02:46 AM.
    Being totally confused as to whether I loved or hated my new T600 (after having a T300 for a year), I made sure I still had a few days to return my 600, and bought a T3.

First, good luck to me with getting the BT phone. seems like calling tomorrow is going to be a nightmare.

First impressions on the T3.

I already find myself missing the keyboard. In all honestly, I rarely used it on the T600 but my fingers just don't know where to rest.

I love the stylus on the T3 though.

High res is addicting, and the additional response from the 400Mhz (and the knowledge that I'd like to keep a PDA for longer than a year, so the extra speed is appreciated) is quite nice.

I spent half an hour playing a demo NesEm on the T3 (got a full copy on my Treo and rarely play it).

So my first thoughts...

So far, I love the T3 for game playing. Weird... If I wanted a game platform, I could have just gotten a GBAdvance or something... I'm going to install my productivity apps soon, but I'm starting to think that; while the T3 IS a better PDA; I don't really use the pda enough to warrant
    a) Carrying around two devices (+ ipod = 3)
    b) Dealing with Sprint as far as capped bandwidth on Vision is concerned.

The T3 feels a bit better built, but I'm still babying it... Don't want to get any smudges on it ;p

So yeah, as you can tell by the rant, I'm still undecided. Hearing from people that two device solutions actually do work is heartening, and even if I do wrangle the BT phone, I'll still be up in the air... The Treo 600 is a solid device... and while I KNOW I'm going to end up replacing it within a year or two, thats a year or two away... Until I started gawking at T3s @ Best buy, I thought my T600 was my ideal... and it probably will remain.

Yeah, the lack of BT bothers me a lot. That being said, I don't see it being much of a problem for at least a year and a half, and; just as importantly; I've got "wireless anywhere" already with my T600.

Low res bites as far as I'm concerned, and even High Res (not even mentioning High Res +) is amazing, but with convergence devices, you can't really get the best of everything. The amount that I use my palm varies with the season, but its a glorified phone a majority of the time... game playing or doc reading to pass the time...

Any thoughts?

Anyone clocked battery time on the T3 ... whats your average battery length?

p.s. Sorry for the rantage and the disorganized thought flow ... its a flaw of mine ;p
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Well I'm dissapointed in Sprint's t608

1) Super hi SAR radiation
    2) only 10,000 units
    3) 3 Mb plan

So the choice would be then T Mobile's T610.

It has the unlimited Plan for data for $ 20 a month, GSM and with a T3 Palm really there are no downs, except for the extra 2.5 Ounces.

The only thing one misses are the speakerphone.

But you get a much better camera, an intense screen, and so on.
  18.    #18  
    rizwankassim, I think Treo 600 is better than a comb of BT phone + T3 or alike. But, a comb of BT phone + IPaq 4350 or Nexio is far better than Treo 600. The key point is, with a BT phone you are not limited to T3 or anything and you can keep looking for your best PDA. With a Treo 600, you are done. For $600, you are fixed. If you later want to use it as a modem, you must live with a cable. I've lived with Treo300 and cable for a year. Once I touched BT, there is no way for me to go back. Never!

If Treo had BT, then it would be the absolutly first choice. Add to it a super PDA or a laptop, it's a perfect world.

mgauss, I fully agree, T610 is better than T608. T610 has MUCH longer batt life! Also T-mobile's data plan is cheaper than Sprint, for just $20 (yes, just the basic 60 min voice plan) you have unlimited laptop/PDA access.

The only problem is, there is no t-mo signal in my office where T608 works fine. I have no choice. For those who are well covered by tmo, T610 is the choice. Man, you'll love its 14-hour super long talk time (T608 is only about 3 hours)! I have no idea why such a coolest phone/PDA like T610 does not get good press like Treo 600. If one needs a keyboard, SE has a very nice one for all its phones. As for the speakerphone, BT headset is better for BT enabled phone like T610.
    Last edited by Fixup; 12/25/2003 at 03:37 AM.
    Nexio and iPaq mean leaving PalmOS though...
    with a 3 mb monthly limit with sprint you sure won't be doing too much websurfing. well enjoy your bt phone with sprint if that is what you want.....

i will stick with my unlimited data personally. what is the point of having a hi res screen for surfing the web and viewing nice pictures but being limited to only 3 mb? kinda defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast