Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The soft resetting problem has been fixed.
    Good - now is it Treo D-pad compatible, and I don't just mean in the token sense?!
    I emailed iambic to find out what was new and this is their response:

Bug corrected that crashes 3.5 devices.

Best regards,
    Lee
    Technical Support
    iambic Software

So I decided not to download it.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by cash70
    I emailed iambic to find out what was new and this is their response:

Bug corrected that crashes 3.5 devices.

Best regards,
    Lee
    Technical Support
    iambic Software

So I decided not to download it.

cash70
    Well that was pretty un-helpful of them.

Here's what's been updated according to their web site:

New Features:
    Added Preference (in Preferences | Miscellaneous) appearing on dpad equipped Treo models to enable/disable use of Treo-style navigation

Improvements:
    Addressed failure occurring in the Treo 600 phone app after using Agendus (it was related to problems in the handspring jpeg library, now worked around).

Fixed issue in Preferences | Meetings on Handspring Visors with OS 3.1

Addressed failure occuring in icon picker and contact view on Palm OS 3.5 and earlier devices

Fixed display error in Today view occuring on some Palm OS 5 devices when on a certain day there are multiple meetings with many lines of text each

Addressed display error in Week Grid views appearing on Tungsten T3/C with records that had contacts linked and a small size font was used

Fixed button label in note dialog

Wallpaper in Today view now respects the Show wallpaper pref for the 1 day view.
    Well, even if the latest version of Agendus doesn't support the Treo Dpad, I'm sure the next version will. But then again, Iambic will charge you another $9.95 to upgrade.

No thanks.
    i have been using .02 since early this morning. no crashes and I have tried.

it doesn't support the d-pad fully, but it has taken a leap since .00.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    it doesn't support the d-pad fully, but it has taken a leap since .00.
    Hi
    What does this actually mean? Can we now access our meetings\appointments with one hand? What support is there of the d-pad? Thanks
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by TimTreo
    Well, even if the latest version of Agendus doesn't support the Treo Dpad, I'm sure the next version will. But then again, Iambic will charge you another $9.95 to upgrade.

No thanks.
    That's simply not true. Anyone who paid for the upgrade to v7.0 gets 7.01 and/or 7.02 free, and presumably any other fixes coming out as part of this rollout. All you have to do is identify yourself. I did.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Take a look at this I just posted over in the software/communications forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45056/s.html

This coupled with the whole Datebk5 domain fiasco on Iambic's part has to make you wonder.
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    Take a look at this I just posted over in the software/communications forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45056/s.html

This coupled with the whole Datebk5 domain fiasco on Iambic's part has to make you wonder.
    What is your point?

If you no longer use Agendus, as you state elsewhere, why does it bother you that other people like it and use it?

Like all other Palm software, Agendus comes in a free trial version. If someone relied on those recommendations of which you complain, tried the software and didn't like it, no one is going to put a gun to their head to force them to buy it.

There are all sorts of silly, useless and unreliable comments, both pro and con, posted on these "reviews" at PalmGear and elsewhere, by both cranks and gushers. Even if someone were to take them seriously, it only results in downloading a free demo, so that they can judge for themselves.

If I was considering Agendus for the first time, I wouldn't rely on their opinion, and I wouldn't rely on yours. I'd try it out.

And if I and others ended up liking and using it, I would sure like to know why that bothers you?

I have absolutely no connection with the company, except as a user.
    Originally posted by Magohn

Hi
    What does this actually mean? Can we now access our meetings\appointments with one hand? What support is there of the d-pad? Thanks
    You can create a mtg and to/do with out taping on the screen.

You can't open an existing mtg or to/do (or check it off) with out taping on the screen.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I do like the new version - granted, there are some fields that don't work with the 5-way, but it's pretty well supported on an overall basis. I would say the only area not supported, as mentioned above, is the ability to edit existing meetings. My bottom line is that I don't really ever have to use the stylus. I do end up doing some tapping with my fingernail, but it's good overall. I much prefer the new version and its implementation of the 5-way to how it was before. It still has some room to improve, but I would give Iambic an A for effort.
    (posted via the Treo)
    I am trying to download the update for Agendus 7.02 but when it finishes downloading it does not go the sync area. Comes on the screen saying the download file can not be found or something. Any suggestions.
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    I am trying to download the update for Agendus 7.02 but when it finishes downloading it does not go the sync area. Comes on the screen saying the download file can not be found or something. Any suggestions.
    How are you attempting to add it to the install list?

Maybe you are trying to add a shortcut [pointer] rather than the two .prc files themselves.

After downloading, your compressed downloaded file should be expanded - either unzipped (Windows) or unstuffed (Mac) into a folder on your hard disk or onto the desktop, depending how you set up your preferences in your browser. In fact your downloaded window in your browser should take you right to that location.

Open the folder, find the two prc files within, and double-click on them. They will be added to your Install window in HotSync. Then Hotsync to your Palm device.

Regards,

NateS
    Hmm...sound interesting. I have the earlier 7.0 release. If I install the new 7.02 version do I simply hot sync it and then it overwrites my original? Will it keep all of my appointments etc? Sorry to ask but I have a lot of appointments etc, already installed and dont want to lose anything. Thanks.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  16.    #16  
    Hmm...sound interesting. I have the earlier 7.0 release. If I install the new 7.02 version do I simply hot sync it and then it overwrites my original? Will it keep all of my appointments etc? Sorry to ask but I have a lot of appointments etc, already installed and dont want to lose anything. Thanks.
    Yep, just hot sync the new version. It'll install right over the old one keeping all your appointments in tact.
    Agendus is an overlay program. Its genius is in taking the data stored in the original built-in palm programs and displaying, arranging and linking it together in ways the underlying palm programs can't do.

It does not store your data. Your data would still be there even if you deleted Agendus completely. But you would lose the software which links it together and displays it uniquely. Then, if you later re-installed it, there would be your special Agendus displays and links, all tied together again.

Even when it appears that you are adding new contacts or new events or todos to Agendus, you are not. You are adding them to the original built in palm programs. Same with editing and changing existing data.

So don't worry about losing data by deleting or replacing Agendus with a newer version.

Even the icon assignments, although not the icons themselves, are stored in the original palm programs.

For other reasons, however, due to the inherent nature of computers, back up regularly on synchs.

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

That's simply not true. Anyone who paid for the upgrade to v7.0 gets 7.01 and/or 7.02 free, and presumably any other fixes coming out as part of this rollout. All you have to do is identify yourself. I did.

Regards,

NateS
    Actually it might be true. If Iambic considers fully functional Dpad support to be a "major upgrade" they'll charge you for it.

I've been a customer of theirs for years, but I'm ticked off at the constant $9.95 upgrades which fix simply fix problems in the previous version of the software.

Between the Agendus upgrades and the email upgrades, I think I've doled out almost $70 bucks over the years for software that I can't use on my Treo 600.
    Is there a way to export the phone log in Agendus so that it may be used in other applications?
    The Toad
    Originally posted by TimTreo

Actually it might be true. If Iambic considers fully functional Dpad support to be a "major upgrade" they'll charge you for it.

I've been a customer of theirs for years, but I'm ticked off at the constant $9.95 upgrades which fix simply fix problems in the previous version of the software.

Between the Agendus upgrades and the email upgrades, I think I've doled out almost $70 bucks over the years for software that I can't use on my Treo 600.
    i think a good approach to deal with agendus and the 5-way nav control (d-pad to some) is that we start and continue a concerted effort to email them for it. we got hundreds of folks on this board. if just half would email weekly to iambic....then soon enough they would just go ahead and optimize it for the treo and its 5 way naviagtional control.

even if you don't want agendus....you should email bnecause the more the treo is viewed as a product that people will buy software that is custimized for it....then the more software there will be. its a chicken and egg thing.

so anybody here got the specific email address to email the folks at iambic to request that agendus be optimized for the treo?

think of the movie pay it forward....if everyone who reads this post tells 3 more people to email iambic, and they in turn ask 3 more people each to email iambi....well it short order it would be done.

ps...we are trying to have the same thing done for documents to go from dataviz. you can email them here:

DTu@dataviz.com

and you can see a related thread here:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...2112post312112
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast