1.    #1  
    From my Treo600 I cannot login to Sprint's PCS Mail

Now I'm getting "HTTP Error 503: The requested service is unavailable" from all bookmarks... so I can't even document the problem.

On the "My PCS" tab of SprintPCS.com "PCS Vision User Name" menu item, I entered "myname234" in the box right before "@sprintpcs.com". When I re-visit the site, it shows me "MYNAME234".

What User Name do I enter from the Treo? Uppercase? Lowercase? With or without "@sprintpcs.com"? (I think that I have tried all combinations.)

TIA
    I would call customer service to verify the user id / password. Have them change it to whatever you want. I had to do that. If you call 866 884-4534 you will get their tier 2 support and they should be able to help you.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Sprint PCS Customer Service is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

I have gotten through 1 out of 5 times. Average wait time was over 30 minutes before I hung up. The one time that I did get through it took the "Technical Rep" ONE HOUR to read the instructions in order to reset an Error 3000 problem.

I have filed a complaint with the California PUC (that regulates common carriers) requesting that if they cannot support their current customers that they be enjoined / stopped from signing up new ones.

I was hoping that the "community of users" could help. I can't deal with Sprints Customer NON-service.

Frankly, I suspect that accessing PCS Mail and SMS from the Treo are simply "not implemented".

Has anyone gotten them to work?

(Other than that, I love the device....)

Phil
    Greetings:

1. If you call for support, voice the "wireless web" option to get to the right group.

Otherwise, you may end up with support not well versed in the Treo600.

I ran into that last week (this is my first Treo), and it was very frustrating until I the email support told me to ask for wireless web when I called.

2. The user name under "Preferences, Network" is the complete email address.

At http://www.sprintpcs.com/manage/ you can log in and change your password associated with your user id.

The user name, at least for me is all lower case; the password is case sensitive.

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    Just checked my treo 600 (CDMA) Sprint and i can access email no problem at all.

Originally posted by rosebud
    From my Treo600 I cannot login to Sprint's PCS Mail

Now I'm getting "HTTP Error 503: The requested service is unavailable" from all bookmarks... so I can't even document the problem.

On the "My PCS" tab of SprintPCS.com "PCS Vision User Name" menu item, I entered "myname234" in the box right before "@sprintpcs.com". When I re-visit the site, it shows me "MYNAME234".

What User Name do I enter from the Treo? Uppercase? Lowercase? With or without "@sprintpcs.com"? (I think that I have tried all combinations.)

TIA
    Originally posted by darwinbrewer
    Just checked my treo 600 (CDMA) Sprint and i can access email no problem at all.

Same here. Works fine for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had the same problem with my phone. After a few calls and long wait I finally got a TS rep. He was very helpful and was able to fix it for me. Unfortunately I didn't get his name. Seems like only a few TS rep knows what the hell they're doing.

Another issue they haven't been able to help me on is getting notification on my treo when I have short mail or pcsmail. Even the same TS rep couldn't figure it out. So I just gave up for the day. Another call, the tech told me he needs to reset something on his server and it should fix the problem. Told me not to use my phone till next day. Still didn't fix it. Called again today. Another rep said she needs to send a request to the help desk and it should fix the problem. She said to wait a couple of days. I'm gonna have to keep trying until I get another rep that knows how to really fix my problem.