1.    #1  
    I just got an AT&T Treo 600 and am enjoying playing with it a lot. One thing that worries me though--should I somehow 'turn off' the data access (the thing that results in little green arrows showing up next to the signal strength bars) after finishing my online activities (since I fear building up enormous usage fees with AT&T) or is this not necessary? I cannot find anything in the user handbook that answers this question, perhaps because it's a dumb question. BE KIND!!
    Everyone here is kind
    There is no need to disconnect, as there is no data traffic unless you browse the web, or check your email.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply; that's kinda what I thought.

I must say, the Treo community does seem very nice; I was playing with mine while waiting for friends at a restaurant last night and two people came up to me to say that they were Treo users and to ask how I like mine.
    Originally posted by larryk
    Everyone here is kind
    There is no need to disconnect, as there is no data traffic unless you browse the web, or check your email.
    That's not ENTIRELY true. Some apps have been known to start transmitting data randomly which could cost you money if you don't have unlimited dat such as a Vision Pack.

If you have SnapperMail, you can very easily disconnect with that. It's under the options menu or simply press :menu: I. If you don't use SnapperMail, you can disconnect in the Treo's preferences. Just go to Preferences -> Network -> Disconnect. I'd recommend disconnecting to be safe if you don't have unlimited data.

But yes, most of us here are kind indeed