1.    #1  
    Has it not occurred to you that your Treo 600 comes with a keyboard? I guess if your fingers are like bricks then maybe you might stick with graffiti but even perfect graffiti is slower than mediocre keyboard usage. I'd spend the time searching for a compatible graffiti program learning to use the keyboard. Even if your fingers are the size of small pickles.
    Originally posted by masonuc
    Has it not occurred to you that your Treo 600 comes with a keyboard? I guess if your fingers are like bricks then maybe you might stick with graffiti but even perfect graffiti is slower than mediocre keyboard usage. I'd spend the time searching for a compatible graffiti program learning to use the keyboard. Even if your fingers are the size of small pickles.
    I agree!!!

What is the purpose of using it ... I'm much faster on the keyboard and I have big fingers.

Good luck though to those that think they need it!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    And Merry Christmas to the both of you too!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    believe it or not, there are those of us that would rather have a graffiti area than a keyboard! is it so hard to believe that not everyone sees things the way you do?
  5.    #5  
    If you want a graffiti area -- you bought the wrong phone. I'll sell you my old Samsung i330 -- it's a much better phone than the Treo. The only negative is that it doesn't have a keyboard.

I'm sure when the car was invented, people swore they preferred the horse and buggy, too.
    It's one big LOVE fest in here !! Ha ha ha LOL !!

I wondered what those buttons with the little letters on them were for ?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks for reading and see you out there.

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Agent Ann Arbor MI
    (734) 945-5626
    Nice to see the small minded police that ridicule those that they disagree with.

Here's a thought:

There are literally thousands of applications that are not compatible with the Treo 5-way for navigating the menus but also require a certain amount of text entry. For me, that application is Autobase, a car logging program.

Now I have to pull out my stylus to use this program. I could tap where I want with my stylus, shift my grip to type the three or four digits I need to enter, shift my grip again to tap the next field, etc.

Or I simply set graffiti Anywhere to autoactivate for that application, pull out my stylus and be done in one quarter the time it would take me to shift back and forth between stylus and keyboard.

Maybe those people that use graffiti anywhere might just have a clue after all, huh?

David
    I never meant to belittle anyone ... just expressing my opinion. I had a Visor and used Graffiti ... and was pretty good at it.

However, my opinion is that the keyboard serves my needs better than graffiti. And that's all it is, my opinion.

I never intended to say that one is better than the other. Take it for what it was ... just a comment, not a criticism.

Have a great holiday!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    What about those who need to use more than one language? An English keyboard isn't of much use then. Just because you can't think of a reason to use graffiti doesn't mean there isn't one.
    <i>"We wanted it to turn out right, but instead it turned out as usual." </i>
    -Viktor Chernomyrdin
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    Now I have to pull out my stylus to use this program. I could tap where I want with my stylus, shift my grip to type the three or four digits I need to enter, shift my grip again to tap the next field, etc.
    That's one scenario. The times when I find myself missing Graffiti are when I have to type a lot of text. Graffiti is slower than the keyboard, but my fingers get tired a lot faster when typing, since it's a smaller set of muscles moving short distances. Graffiti lets me do more before my hand gets tired. I can also write without looking at the device, while I haven't gotten perfect at blind typing yet.

/jgt
    I like to have options and thus still like to use graffiti for certain situations like diddlebug, highlighting etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Main reason *I* use it is for shortcuts. Ever try entering a shortcut with the keyboard? It's *no* shortcut <g>.
    I find that when I have the stylus out, I'd rather just write than have to try to hold it or put it back and then use the keyboard. I use Jot and I think the combination really compliments each other.
    This seems to be a trollish-stir the pot post it seems. But incase the question is real, or better yet, some of the closed minded graffiti haters, here is my take, just an opinion and aint worht squat..

Unlike some people, I don't just use my T600 as a phone and toy (gameboy and surf). I use it almost to the full potential, whick IMO is pretty impressive. Try to edit a Doc to Go or something like that. you need to select differnet patrs of the doc to edit and the 5-way is too slow if you need to go from top to bottom and all around. So you use the stylis to select, but then you have a stylis in your hand it it is hard for some of us less gifted people to use the keyboard with the stylis in your hand, and putting it down and piclkin git up takes too long too. SO enter graffiti, you can slect the area you want to edit, with the stylis, then you can write wha tyou want, no need to select the gray button or hold it down for numbers, just write on the right side. If you need to capitialze sonmehting, no need to select the shift or cap lock, just write the middle.

Short cuts are also made simpler, but then, you would not use them if you just use the phone, surf or play games I guess. Also when I say short cuts, I mean the real ones, not the menu shortcuts.

There are quit a few times that graffiti is better then the keyboard and sometimes the keyboard is faster.

Sometimes I use BOTH graffiti and the keyboard.

So there, I took the bait and responded.

Masonuc, I like the car, but I also would like to use the Bullet Train in some situations and find that sometimes Graffiti and the keyboard togeher faster. So step out of the 20th centry and into the futher where yo ucan use a tranporter to go where you need to go, not a slow car.

So I canhold the T600 with my left hand, use my right to write on the screen and use my free left thumb to selct some stuff on the keyboard that I find faster, mostly just one key strokes stuff.

Just my 2-cents worth and useless opinion...

Oh yea, sometimes I am on the phone with someone and they need info, or better yet I need to perhaps cut and paste a number from somehere to call and have a 3-way call, so I can talk to the person on the phone, go to where this other number is located (I don't have it on the contacts yet becuase I was just emailed the number or it was jotes dwn with note pad), I could use the 5way and keyboard and press a whole mess of buttons, or just drag the stylis across the number, do the menus shortcut graffiti strke, then "C" witht he stylis and volia....I cna then go back to the phone app, all the time talking and do the reverse and call the other person.