1.    #1  
    I followed the instructions for installing the GI files and after the soft reset I got hung up in an endless loop of soft resets...I had to do a hard reset...

I think I forgot to disable Grafitti Anywhere prior to the reset...could that have done it?

Next question...I need a better backup system...this is gonna take a fews days to recover from...
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    That's too bad. Anyway, I assume you already did a hard reset? If so, what don't you like about Backupman for restore?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Never understood why hotsync isn't enough for backup to the desktop these days. In the old days, hotsync was flakey, but I have recovered my Treo 270 and 600 perfectly with good old hotsync without the help of any backup software.

Granted, some software programs, like SnapperMail, need to be told to backup its databases. But even for those programs that don't have such an option and do not backup their data, one can set their backup bits using Filez and they'll start getting backed up when you hotsync.
    Originally posted by silverado
    Never understood why hotsync isn't enough for backup to the desktop these days. In the old days, hotsync was flakey, but I have recovered my Treo 270 and 600 perfectly with good old hotsync without the help of any backup software.

Granted, some software programs, like SnapperMail, need to be told to backup its databases. But even for those programs that don't have such an option and do not backup their data, one can set their backup bits using Filez and they'll start getting backed up when you hotsync.
    There's nothing wrong with restoring with hotsync per se, it's just that Backupman is soo much more seamless and pwerful. Just pop in your card and restore...no need for your computer, hotsync etc. Also the ability to selectively restore certain databases as well as to restore to previous backup states (not just to the last time you hotsynced) is very powerful and appealing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    [i]There's nothing wrong with restoring with hotsync per se, [/B]
    As it turns out...I hoysync'd and recovered just about everything...

Backupman is only as good as you make. I have been playing around with different SD cards and never fully integrated BackupMan...That's my weekend project.!
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!