1.    #1  
    I am very happy with my Treo 600 and it works perfectly and from all appearances has an excellent fit and finish.

However, this evening I happened to turn it over and noticed a small round opening at the top right of the back, through which I could see into the inside of the unit, and even part of a small green circuit board. That seemed very strange, so I looked around on the floor and luckily found a small black rubber plug which fit perfectly into the hole and plugged it up.

However, if it falls out again, I doubt that I will be so lucky as to be at home and find the plug.

Can anyone suggest any way I could effectively secure the plug against falling out again? Some adhesvie or glue that wouldn't muck up the inner workings?

I certainly do not want to send the unit back or replace it, as it is superb in every other way, and I could not do without it.

Thanks,

NateS
    This has been addressed in two or three threads on this board. On guy even got a new unit from Handspring...might wasnt to do a search.
    Mike
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by mbranscum
    This has been addressed in two or three threads on this board. On guy even got a new unit from Handspring...might wasnt to do a search.
    Thanks for being so diplomatic and not chewing me out!

You're right. I should have done a search. However, searching now by "rubber and plug and treo" I only found one brief thread.

Would you happen to recall the others? (Although I suppose I could be satisfied with the glue stick suggestion found there.)

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Funniest subject line ever in the first post in this thread! LMAO!
    Originally posted by buddy

Don't you mean LMBPO?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by buddy
    I am easily annoyed by clueless, stupid opening thread lines like "Two Questions" or "Don't know what to do" so I try to be a stickler for on-point titles to keep people from wasting time opening threads they lack interest in.

But I guess I really outdid myself here, didn't I?

Call the medics!

I had one of the small little guys on the lower corners fall out, and I was really unhappy (must keep the aesthetics for this thing). Fortunately, I found it in my car, and put a little dab of Rubber Cement (sniff sniff) on the little rubber guy. It hasn't fallen out since then.

So maybe just a very small amount of glue will cement it in.
    Ok, I'm done laughing.

NateS,

I've had my GSM T6 (Cingular unlocked on T-M network) in a Bellagio case from day one.

After reading your post, I took the phone out of the case not expecting to be suprised, and lo and behold, the larger of the 2 rubber stoppers was gone, which implied that the phone either shipped like that, or the plug fell out between when I opened the package and put it in the Bellagio case (About 2 days).

I just got off the phone with a HandSpring CSR. I explained the situation, and the CSR said he would send me the rubber plug ASAP. I asked for a 2nd plug, and he kindly obliged, so I'm getting 2 plugs. The phone works great and I have no desire whatsoever to return it just because of an aesthetic blemish.

It's also my understanding that if one purchases Handspring's car kit, the circuitry exposed under the missing plug serves as an interface point with the car kit.

-Jamma22-
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    I noticed that the larger of the two plugs was missing on mine and I went back to Best Buy. They were willing to give me a new phone until I talked them into giving me a plug off of their demo unit. A week later after reading this thread I noticed that the smaller plug was now missing, luckily if found it on my dresser. I'm gonna put some glue on those suckers and hopefully they'll stay put. Can't believe that they charge so much for a phone and something as simple as this happens.