1.    #1  
    Over the last few days, I have had my T600 in its case (Vaja) and the phone rang and was answered without me selecting the touch screen or center button (of 5 way button). One time it happened in a movie theater, went to speakerphone and everyone around could hear "HELLO, HELLO, Anyone there?". (Slightly embarrassing)
    I since tested which buttons will answer the phone. It turns out that the space bar and the enter button will also answer the phone. I have called Handspring. There is currently no fix for this. I find it ridiculous that the largest and most accessible button on the T600 (spacebar) can inadvertently answer a call. FYI - This will happen whether or not the screen or keyboard is "locked".

Does anyone know of a fix or hack that will allow one to select which buttons answer a call?
    I wonder how many "do a search!" posts this will get.
    Originally posted by treosome
    I wonder how many "do a search!" posts this will get.
    do a search!
  4.    #4  
    i did perform a seach. i also looked over posts from the last several days. i didn't not see anything relavent, especially anything recent.

a little help would preferable to "DO A SEARCH". i was looking for some help after having spent an hour with Handspring on the phone and about an hour on the internet.

thanks anyway, i'll look elsewhere.
    Originally posted by duckhunter
    i did perform a seach. i also looked over posts from the last several days. i didn't not see anything relavent, especially anything recent.

a little help would preferable to "DO A SEARCH". i was looking for some help after having spent an hour with Handspring on the phone and about an hour on the internet.

thanks anyway, i'll look elsewhere.
    Did a search on "vaja case answering call" and here is one result.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ring+call.html

Easier than duck hunting I'm sure.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    space bar receiving calls pulls up 2 threads other than this one.

That said, it is a maddening problem that should recieve a fix from HS in the next update, I think.
  7.    #7  
    chemengr - thanks for the reply. much easier than duck hunting with your help.

everyone else - give me a break. there are two posts not two hundred. my search yielded nothing, as i did not chose the exact same words as you. i figured this problem to be a handspring problem (which it is) not a vaja problem. i did not use vaja in my search.
    in addition, there is no sticky or FAQ regarding this issue. a simple answer (or no answer) would have been nice.

handspring - get on the stick.
    I must be, once again, the voice of reason it appears.

duck, you want HS to fix what is clearly a problem with the design of the case. Asking HS to make a major design modification because a few case designers can't get it right is a waste of your time.

All this was gone over in painful detail on that other Vaja thread, so you can pore over that if you like.

My point is that you're going to wrong place to have your complaint heard - if anyone does anything (which I doubt), it'll have to be Vaja.
    Originally posted by duckhunter
    It turns out that the space bar and the enter button will also answer the phone.
    Just cut out a tiny horizontal hole on the flap of your expensive Vaja case (where it touches the space bar key) and you should be fine.
    actually Handspring consideres this spacebar thing a "Feature". After using the Treo for a few weeks now I think it is rather a accident that this happens. The space bar acts the same as the center button on the 4/5 way pad (move over an app in your home section and hit the space bar, it will launch just like if you hit the center button) Since when a call comes in, the default button (the highlighted one) is to answer the call, pushing the spacebar will act just like pushing the center button. From certain aspects like typing memos and appointments and such the spacebar for me has come in handy since my thumbs are down on the keyboard already and I dont have to reach up for the center button to hit the default/highlighted button. This I think is what they meant by a "Feature". I myself have not had the problem of calls being accidentally answered by the space bar being pressed, but I usually keep my Treo in my back pocket. I can though see how this would be really really annoying. I noticed from other posts alot of people have third party cases. When my treo came it had a belt clip case with it. (Sideways-style with the top open and you slide the treo in)
  11.    #11  
    update:
    actually, i have been stretching the case out. as of right now the case does not answer calls for me.

nrosser
    voice of reason? i am not sure. this is something that a freeware or shareware hack could have easily fixed for devices with earlier Palm OS's. i am not suggesting that handspring redesign any hardware. an option for the user determine which buttons answer the phone should be an easy fix and an obvious option. look at our nice favorite buttons or app buttons for example. these can currently be reassigned by the user. each user has their own preferences.

yes. i agree that vaja should make some changes. the case cover is too tight. if they want to continue to sell these cases, they must fix them. for the price that you pay for one, they should send somebody to your house.

both handspring and vaja should be on the hook. it's our dollars that support them.

enough said. (or maybe too much said )