1.    #1  
    I was at an ATT store the other day and the GSM version seems so much lighter and easier to hold. When I hold my Sprint Treo it seems like I might drop it. But holding the GSM version feels a bit better on the hand. I compared the size and everything is exactly the same. Just the weight and the lump on the earpiece are the difference between the two. I also like the silver color better. Although I do prefer the Sprint service due to unlimited data. Anyone know where I can purchase the silver casing?
    If the CDMA version has a "lump" on the earpiece and the GSM version doesn't, then I would think that it would not work. I imagine that the "lump" is there for a reason. But I could be wrong...

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    You think the GSM version of the Vaja case would fit the CDMA version of the phone? Is it only just the lump? Are the mics, speakerphone, headset jack, and buttons all in the same place?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    From what I found everything is exactly the same. keypad position, camera, etc. It's only the lump thats different. I personally do not like the lump since it creates somewhat of a boxy sound. I tried the GSM version and I it doesn't sound the same. To me it's better. Which is why I prefer that casing besides its color. I'm pretty sure it's just hollow behind that lump. The link below shows the back side of the face plate but I can't tell how deep the earpiece is postioned.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/...ive_or_pdf=pdf
    The "lump" is due to different needs for the RF (radio) section of the treo - I would expect that Handspring uses an "off the shelf" RF deck for both versions of the treo - they are a PDA manufacturer, not a cellphone manufacturer. They probably outsourced the modules and had to fit the case around the RF section.

I would expect that the "PDA" and "Audio" sections are exactly the same as the GSM model, the difference will come in the "Cellphone" section.

Just my $.02 worth.

DemonJ