1.    #1  
    My new Treo 600 doesn't seem to beam. I have the Prefs/General page setup to Beam Receive: ON.

Today I tried to accept a application file from a Palm Tungsten-- the Tungsten could not find me. He has beamed to other Palm devices previously.

So I tried to beam him my business card, and it also came up with an error message "cannot fina a receiving handheld..."

Anyone have any ideas?

I searched under this topic here and could not find anything relevant on the forum.
    I have been also having an IR issue, when using the Pitch projector unit (to use the 600 with LCD projectors to do powerpoint pres's and the like). With my 300, I could advance the slides via IR, and with the 600, I cannot. The folks at Igo/Mobility Electronics don't have a clue.
    Maybe the 600 has some IR interrupt funkiness or something?
    Originally posted by neffed
    My new Treo 600 doesn't seem to beam. I have the Prefs/General page setup to Beam Receive: ON.

Today I tried to accept a application file from a Palm Tungsten-- the Tungsten could not find me. He has beamed to other Palm devices previously.

So I tried to beam him my business card, and it also came up with an error message "cannot fina a receiving handheld..."

Anyone have any ideas?

I searched under this topic here and could not find anything relevant on the forum.

- Back up your files to an SD card using your favorite backup app.

- Hard reset.

- Try to beam or receive.

- If they work, you've got a software conflict and get to spend a few hours loading your apps one at a time until you find the one(s) causing the conflict.

- Enjoy.
    My 600 beams to other palms very weakly. Since I don't beam very often, it doesn't bother me, but I almost have to be touching devices to get them to "see" each other.

I don't know why, but it seems to work best when I put them ir window to ir window, and the 600 is turned on edge.

Cluemeister