1.    #1  
    Ok, can't figure this one out.

I have a Cingular Treo 600. I copied the two graffiti one files from my Tungsten T and installed Graffiti Anywhere on my Treo. Now graffiti one works just dandy on my phone.

Co-worker bought an AT&T Treo 600 and wanted graffiti one. So I copied the two graffiti one files to his card and graffiti anywhere to his card. Installed the card, copied all three to Ram.

Graffiti works, but it is graffiti II! I couldn't figure out why a "t" would not work until I tried the graffiti two stroke and crossed the "t".

Anybody know why? Anybody know how to fix it?

David
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    Ok, can't figure this one out.

I have a Cingular Treo 600. I copied the two graffiti one files from my Tungsten T and installed Graffiti Anywhere on my Treo. Now graffiti one works just dandy on my phone.

Co-worker bought an AT&T Treo 600 and wanted graffiti one. So I copied the two graffiti one files to his card and graffiti anywhere to his card. Installed the card, copied all three to Ram.

Graffiti works, but it is graffiti II! I couldn't figure out why a "t" would not work until I tried the graffiti two stroke and crossed the "t".

Anybody know why? Anybody know how to fix it?

David
    That explains why I couldn't write a "t" with GA... I was still using version one strokes!

Let us know if you get an answer
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    youve got to install either graffiti 1 or Graffiti Anywhere (graffiti 2).
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by randyg
    youve got to install either graffiti 1 or Graffiti Anywhere (graffiti 2).
    I agree, maybe I was not clear.

I had a Tungsten T (graffiti one) before I bought my Treo 600. I copied the Graffiti Library and the Graffiti Library_enUS file from my TT to my treo via my SD card. I then installed Graffiti Anywhere on my Treo and I have Graffiti one working just dandy on my Treo 600 (cingular flavor).

Boss buys an AT&T Treo 600. I copy the three files mentioned above from my machine to his via SD. When he activates Graffiti anywhere, it is graffiti II not graffiti I. He wants I but and I thought this would give him I but it did not.

I'm guess G II must be somewhere in the ROM of the AT&T units.

David
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    its my understanding, & i may be wrong, that one overwrites the other. i.e. if you install 1, it overwrites 2...& vise versa. I do know if you install 1, you don't need to install GA.
  6.    #6  
    Interestingly enough, a soft reset fixed the problem. Apparently the graffiti II files are in ROM. Somebody with an ATT Treo want to test this? Just download Graffiti Anywhere and activate it and see if you have Graffiti II on your machine. On the Cingular machines, there were no graffiti libraries at all so you had to get them from another palm.

Randy:
    You need graffiti anywhere to be able to write graffiti on the screen with a treo. Since the Treo does not have a "graffiti area" like non-keyboard palms, the Graffiti Anywhere tells the OS to treat the whole screen as a graffiti input area. Without Graffiti Anywhere you could install the graffiti libraries but the OS would not accept any input from the screen.

David
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    Interestingly enough, a soft reset fixed the problem. Apparently the graffiti II files are in ROM. Somebody with an ATT Treo want to test this? Just download Graffiti Anywhere and activate it and see if you have Graffiti II on your machine. On the Cingular machines, there were no graffiti libraries at all so you had to get them from another palm.

Randy:
    You need graffiti anywhere to be able to write graffiti on the screen with a treo. Since the Treo does not have a "graffiti area" like non-keyboard palms, the Graffiti Anywhere tells the OS to treat the whole screen as a graffiti input area. Without Graffiti Anywhere you could install the graffiti libraries but the OS would not accept any input from the screen.

David
    Article on swapping the versions of Graffiti:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

After you copy the files you must do a reset before it will recognize the Grafiti 1
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I downloaded and installed graffiti anywhere. I did the soft reset.

I am new to the palm os and the treo 600.

Can someone tell me how to activated the graffiti anywhere software?

Thanks
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
    Originally posted by Sky Nazi
    Hey guys,

I downloaded and installed graffiti anywhere. I did the soft reset.

I am new to the palm os and the treo 600.

Can someone tell me how to activated the graffiti anywhere software?

Thanks
    run the application, set your choice of activation methods in the application. more info in the application help

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Dnheller,

I tried all of that but I am still baffled. I just don't understand what the different activation options are and how to activate them.

And the Button "Hard Button 1", what does that refer to?

I am using the Sprint version if that matters.

Thanks
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Dnheller,

I tried all of that but I am still baffled. I just don't understand what the different activation options are and how to activate them.

And the Button "Hard Button 1", what does that refer to?

I am using the Sprint version if that matters.

Thanks
    The hard buttons are the four application-specific buttons with the phone, calendar, mail, and light symbols on the treo 600, numbered 1 - 4 from left to right. On the original Palm devices, these were calendar, phone, task and memo buttons (left to right).

Many applications, like Graffiti Anywhere allow the user to assign other functions to the buttons to add functions by distinguishing between short and long presses, multiple presses, and by holding the buttons down.

GA allows turning on the "write anywhere" by short presses, long presses, or holding down of the button you choose.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Ok, I was finally able to activate by assigning the button.

I still can't activate by the other options.
    Devices Owned:

Ok, I was finally able to activate by assigning the button.

I still can't activate by the other options.
    The only other activation option I know is automatic activation in applications that you specify when you press the Applications Manager button on the Advanced tab in GA.

With button activation, you make two choices:

1) Which button
    2) How that button is used to activate GA (short press, long press, or press & hold)

With Applications Manager, you specify for each application if GA is enabled (activated with button) , disabled, or automatically activated (I have my Memo application set for auto-activation so it's easy for me to take notes during a phone call)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    dnheller,

thanks for all your info. now it makes sense.
    Devices Owned: