1.    #1  
    Ok, so click on the jpg llink, and check out my new "wallpaper." Yepper...You too can have one of the coolest wallpapers on your phone too. Just crack the screen like I did, and voila--blue, white, and yellow funkiness takes over your screen. I love my Treo, but dang, one careless mishap and that thing is screwed. What happened to mine is simple. With one hand full of photography stuff, I don't bother to slip the phone into the case, and just slip it into my coat pocket instead. I forgot that I had actually slipped a little magnifying cube in that pocket about 4 minutes earlier. As I eased myself into the driver's seat, I must've pressed the edge of the magnifying cube against the screen between my right thigh and the seat. I don't know how much pressure I applied--but really, it did not seem like much. The edge of the cube just focusses the pressure in one spot, and there you go. I reached into the pocket to put the phone back in it's case, and stare incomprehensibly at the screen for 3 seconds...AAAAARRRRghhhh!!!!

Two lessons:

1) I'm definitely protecting my screen. Forget the slipcase. Obviously, that doesn't help you out when you say to yourself "oh, I'll just leave it outside for a sec."

2) Insurance kicks ***. For a $400 toy that goes from my pocket to my hand twenty times a day, $4/mo is imho darn cheap insurance. I don't bother insuring vcr's, TVs, and stuff. But I sure as hell insure my MP3 players, cameras, etc. Hella yeah.

I still say my phone kicks ***.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jellolee; 12/22/2003 at 10:04 AM.
    jello
    Gawd, that hurts just to look at.
    Man - you ought to sell that to one of those "retro" TV shows (70's show; American Dreams; etc.) - tie-dyed and psychedelic all in one package!
    My sincerest condolences for yur Treo600....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    When and where is the funeral and do we give to your favorite charity in lieu of flowers? Gawd!!
    Why pay $35 insurance deductable? Just take it to Sprint & have them replace it. I've had that happen to 4 Treo 300 & Srint replaced every one under warranty.
    Bummer, dude.

The kind of horror that is usually accompanied by one of those Powerpoint presentations showing human organs strewn about the highway.

It...looks...like...a...mood ring from hell.

Excuse me, I must go and wretch now.

Jack
    Actually, it IS kinda cool looking. It really would make cool wallpaper! :-)
    Originally posted by MtnManiacX
    Actually, it IS kinda cool looking. It really would make cool wallpaper! :-)
    YEAH - can we get a better shot of it so that we can grab a image of it to use for a wallpaper? Your dead Treo will live on in all of our Treo's - kind of...
    KILL IT BEFORE IT MULTIPLIES!!!!!!!!!! Take care, Jay