Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    On my new Treo 600 I have defined a (custom field) in my address book as "Nickname". This is a particular "Field_Name" in my Outlook Contacts address book. The data in this "Nickname" Outlook field does not seem to be synching to my Treo although all other system defined fields are synching just fine.
    Is this supposed to work or no?
    Thanks in Advance for any help.

    Cooksonr
  2. #2  
    In Pocket Mirror settings for Contacts you also need to define the custom field. It is a text file that you need to modify.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    In Pocket Mirror settings for Contacts you also need to define the custom field. It is a text file that you need to modify.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I found and edited the pocketmirrir text file, "custom.txt" with the appropriate outlook field names but it still does not synch the data.
    In the text file I changed and saved:

    "user 1"
    "user 2"
    "user 3"
    "user 4"

    To these four Outlook defined fields:

    "NickName"
    "Spouse"
    "Birthday"
    "Children"

    Any thoughts or further direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  4. #4  
    I named one of my custom fields Birthday, and without making any changes to any PocketMirror settings the info from that field gets synchronized to my Outlook. Although it took some searching to find where...

    It's in a field called "User Field 1" in the "Miscellaneous Fields" category.
  5. #5  
    I am not sure what could be wrong. I personally have the fields named:

    "Birthday"
    "Spouse"
    "Anniversary"
    "Children"

    the data synchs fine for me. I don't know if it makes a difference but I also have the "custom" fields named the same on the Treo. One more thing, I notice you have the 'N' capitalized in "NickName", try changing it to "Nickname".
  6.    #6  
    Thank You Catbert and Sanjay for your help. I finally got my 4 custom fields mapped properly and they are synching fine. I found that the "Nickname" field was the culprit, as the synch log specifies that the Nickname field can only be a one way synch from Outlook to my handheld and not the other way. With a little tweaking and creating of a UDF I got it.
    Thnaks again for your help. I can now explore new treo 600 features and come up with more dilemmas. I love my new PDA
    cooksonr.

Posting Permissions