Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    What gives..i like this phone but it wont stay stable on me.

Sometimes it going into a non step reset cycle on me and then when i hit the power button it sez

Erase all date?

Yes- "up" button
    No = any other button.

any ohter button makes it go back into the non stop reset.

however now...its resetting no matter what i do durin hot sync.
    right after the hot sync at the end when it sez you must reset, i hit reset and it goes right back into the endless loop.

i tried having a backup from the SD card via BackupMan.. the backup upcon completion does the pen calibration and on rest..right back to the non stop reset. can someoine please help!
    I' ve had the same with my 270. It was caused by an applicatiopn that wasn't compatible with the 270. However, when i had to perform a hard reset, the program was restored because of the backup-hotsync.

I fixed the problem by deleting the file from the back-up folder. Have you got any apps installed thta might not be compatible?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    u know not to toot my own horn but i kinda consider myself a computer expert given that im known as the code wiz and i can usually figure out any kinda of software and hardware config in no time flat.

that being said im such a palm noob its not even funny. its my very first palm device of my own

so yeah i should check that...wonder..is there an app that checks compatabilty for the tre600? maybe a developers tool that acts as an emulator or a debegguin app that will check compatability?

anyone elese that can shed light please feel free!

other then that ,, man i love this thing!
    Frankly, there isn't. The Treo 600 and what it does is rather new. The problem with the continuing loop is normally a program that is misbehaving. The "system reset" stops the looping and at that point, the investigation begins. Normally it's the last activated program that causes the problem. Delete it and test the Treo again. If it doesn't do it and you've got the time, reinstall it and see if it happens again. This method has worked for me. Ben

----------

Originally posted by wahili
    u know not to toot my own horn but i kinda consider myself a computer expert given that im known as the code wiz and i can usually figure out any kinda of software and hardware config in no time flat.

that being said im such a palm noob its not even funny. its my very first palm device of my own

so yeah i should check that...wonder..is there an app that checks compatabilty for the tre600? maybe a developers tool that acts as an emulator or a debegguin app that will check compatability?

anyone elese that can shed light please feel free!

other then that ,, man i love this thing!
    I've been having the same problem - but I haven't added any new programs. I was just sitting there when the endless loop started, and the backup keeps creating the endless loop.

Any other suggestions?
    Yep, hard set, move things outta the backup folder, leave your address book and things like that in the backup folder, set the Palm Desktop to overwrite the Palm for things like the address book, then hot sync it and add programs one at a time. In my case, I had two progams that were memory hungry and after those two programs were fixed, everything worked just fine.

Ben

-----------

Originally posted by jayem
    I've been having the same problem - but I haven't added any new programs. I was just sitting there when the endless loop started, and the backup keeps creating the endless loop.

Any other suggestions?
    For me I upgraded from a Palm m505 to the Treo600 (so for me, the screen is beautiful ). Anyway, there was an official piece of Palm software that enabled the backlight on the m505 automatically on startup, but it didn't play nice with the 600 at all (big shock) causing an endless cycle of reboots after my first sync. But once I hard reset and clobbered that app, everything was okay.

Hope things work for ya.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yes the palm noob has learned not to install 5 apps set them up and play with them then go out and need to reboot.

hehehe. yeah i got BackupMan which is perfect for me. backed everything to SD card after i tested everything to be stable so now in case something happens i can awlays hard reset and get back all my key components.

My app list which i know to work togethr for anyone that it may help...

Z-Launcher
    BugMe!
    pTunes
    Clock+
    Filez
    MobileTS
    WordSmith
    Tube (NYC and Toronto)
    Agendus Pro
    BackUp Man

SnapperMail
    HandZipper

Skinner
    NesEm with about 10 roms

ordered some ezgrips and one of those WorldSomethingorOther screen protector but hopefully they wont cause a major crash

i tried to get Mapoplosi working but it crashed everytime or didnt load the maps. so far that app is jung. Tube on the other hand is just an incredbily functional and hot application.