Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had an issue with PDANet 2.51 on GSM. I am using the Cingular version GSM phone with TMO. PDANet will connect and I can access web pages, but after a short time (30 sec to 1 min) it disconnects. I can reconnect right away, but then it drops again.

At first I thought it was due to the Sync cable from BoxWave, but I have tried it with the HandSpring OEM cable with the same problem.

I used PDANet (the old version) on my 180 with no issues.

Thanks in advance,
    David
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Bump
    I've had the same issue (I've also got the Cingular phone on T-Mobile). It is why I didn't purchase the product.
    I get the same issue with Sprint.

PdaNet's connectivity is extremely flaky. It has even crashed the Windows RPC service on my laptop several times.

Since I'm travelling right now, I gave up on it and am now using dialup, which is slower than Sprint's speeds but far more reliable and stable than the PdaNet solution.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I sent an E-Mail to JuneFabrics with this issue on Monday 12/22 and have had no response. I am hoping it is due to the holidays and I will hear back soon.

It is a shame, the product worked great on my 180 and I REALLY want to be able to use it on my 600, especially since I bought it.

-d