1.    #1  
    Iam considering a change from my Nokia 6800 to a Treo 600.
    I am also considering paying to cancel my contract with AT&T, to switch to Sprint.

The main reason that I want a 600 (besides it is really cool) is I need to be able to check 3 email accounts all the time EASILY with the phone. I also like the idea of a PDA.

Anyone want to tell me why I do or do not want the 600?

Will the 600 accept a 802.11b card, to access data/internet with my 802.11b router?

How good of a GPS device will it make (for the automobile)?

Any other information is greatly appreciated!!

Ron
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    if you're already with ATT, why not just get the ATT version?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by randyg
    if you're already with ATT, why not just get the ATT version?
    After taking a quick look, Sprint looks to be MUCH cheaper, especially considering the unlimited data that Sprint offers.
    Am I wrong about this?

thanx,
    Ron
    ATT data rates cost more than sprints unlimited plans, but that might change (so rumors have it).

Currently (and this may never change) there are no wi-fi cards for the 600.

Read the threads on this site and you will find out all you need to know.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by RBBRMADE

Will the 600 accept a 802.11b card, to access data/internet with my 802.11b router?

How good of a GPS device will it make (for the automobile)?

Any other information is greatly appreciated!!

Ron
    Search for the mega thread about the Sandisk wifi SD card. It's recently been reported that the Treo600 won't be compatible with it! In regards to GPS, there is no integrated GPS functionality on the Sprint Treo600...well actually there is, but Sprint hasn't rolled out their Location based services yet. The Treo600 has the Snaptrack AGPS chip builtin but you can't access it. But their are a couple GPS accesories you can buy for it like the Mapopolis GPS mouse (via serial cable) and the iGolf SD GPS card. Do a search for these and you'll find them...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions